For those that missed the first procurement of Rub Rails

Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>

For those Amel Owners who would like to procure new Rub Rails within the next 6 months:

Add your name to the list.  If we can get about 15 boats, we will move forward with the purchase.

1.  Aquarius, Ken Powers
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.

Sailing Aquarius
SM2K#262
Currently in Thailand

Patrick McAneny

Ken, you would not need that many to make it financially attractive, I paid for the die to be made up front, and then each owner that joined into the purchase  reimbursed me their share of the expense of the die, about $600-$700. We had about eleven in the initial purchase and it was a good value , it would even be a better value for the next group as they would not be paying the cost of having the die made. That is why I was encouraging owners to join ,as each additional buyer brought down the price for everyone.
Good Luck ,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

[...]

Thanks Pat,

But, it's only fair if we should share in the cost of the die as well somehow!  Let's see how many owners that are looking to upgrade their rub rails!

Can you tell me the weight of a set of rub rails for a SM?

Thanks,

Ken Powers
Sailing Aquarius
SM2K#262

michael winand

Hi Ken, we would be happy to buy a set,  made enquiries last time. Shipping costs to Australia were not viable.
So we are a maybe,  once we know what it takes to get them to Australia.
Ours are still in good shape. But we will be doing a topside rejuvenation in the next few years, so they would be great to have ready.
Michael  Nebo sm251

On Sat, 29 May 2021 at 1:46 pm, Ken Powers SV Aquarius
<ken@...> wrote:
Thanks Pat,

But, it's only fair if we should share in the cost of the die as well somehow!  Let's see how many owners that are looking to upgrade their rub rails!

Can you tell me the weight of a set of rub rails for a SM?

Thanks,

Ken Powers
Sailing Aquarius
SM2K#262

James Watkins

I know this is a SM thread but I have ordered a new rub rail for my Maramu and I too have have had good experience with Technorubber.  I will have the die drawings in the next couple of weeks and I will post on site.  The die is $600 and rubrail $1,400.  I did a very unAmel thing and truly improved the sturdiness of the rubber protection.  I will post if anyone is interested.  Some contribution to the die would be great but I am doing the new rail regardless.

Best Regards

Jim Watkins

Act II Maramu Hull 186