Fresh Water Indicator Light on 24vdc panel (SM2K)

Rick Stanley

Hey folks quick question. Fresh water pump indicator light hasn't worked on our boat since we purchased it. Bought a new bulb, black and blue wires off the old bulb and onto the new bulb ....and no joy. Any thought on where to go next for troubleshooting? It's entirely possible, if not probable, the actual bulb wasn't bad at all but something in the wiring is off. We have a Flojet pump if that matters at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Rick Stanley
Capt, S/V Althea
AMEL SM2K #317
Rock Hall, MD

I think I know why. I am betting that the original pump has been changed. The + wire to that light was connected to the SQUARE D pressure switch. The - 24v was connected to the negative bus on the back of the 24v breaker panel.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 12:43 PM Rick Stanley <rstanley907@...> wrote:
Hey folks quick question. Fresh water pump indicator light hasn't worked on our boat since we purchased it. Bought a new bulb, black and blue wires off the old bulb and onto the new bulb ....and no joy. Any thought on where to go next for troubleshooting? It's entirely possible, if not probable, the actual bulb wasn't bad at all but something in the wiring is off. We have a Flojet pump if that matters at all.

Thanks!!

Rick Stanley
Capt, S/V Althea
AMEL SM2K #317
Rock Hall, MD

Eric Freedman

Hi Rick,

Make sure that the hot wire that goes to the light in the engine room is connected between the pressure switch and the pump motor.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Rick Stanley
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2022 1:44 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Fresh Water Indicator Light on 24vdc panel (SM2K)

Thanks!!

Rick Stanley
Capt, S/V Althea
AMEL SM2K #317
Rock Hall, MD

Rick Stanley

Thanks for the responses, I"m going to have to dig into this some more. The overhead light in the engine room hasn't worked since we bought the boat either. My guess is, the previous owner tried re-wiring this himself, and this is the result.

Also, since my pump is working perfectly (low pressure it kicks on, high pressure it shuts off) I assume there's a pressure switch associated with the pump -- I"m just not sure where it is.

Getting this boat back into shape has been an interesting experience. One step at a time I guess. Thanks for the assistance.

Rick Stanley
S/V Althea
AMEL SM2K #317
Rock Hall, MD

Rick,

Send me a photo of the pump and I can help further: brouse@...

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 1:01 PM Rick Stanley <rstanley907@...> wrote:
Thanks for the responses, I"m going to have to dig into this some more. The overhead light in the engine room hasn't worked since we bought the boat either. My guess is, the previous owner tried re-wiring this himself, and this is the result.

Also, since my pump is working perfectly (low pressure it kicks on, high pressure it shuts off) I assume there's a pressure switch associated with the pump -- I"m just not sure where it is.

Getting this boat back into shape has been an interesting experience. One step at a time I guess. Thanks for the assistance.

Rick Stanley
S/V Althea
AMEL SM2K #317
Rock Hall, MD

Eric Freedman

Hi Rick,

Please send me a photo of the pump   kimberlite@...

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Rick Stanley
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 2:01 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Fresh Water Indicator Light on 24vdc panel (SM2K)

Rick Stanley
S/V Althea
AMEL SM2K #317
Rock Hall, MD