From: eric <kimberlite@...>
To: Amel Owners <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Date: October 21, 2019 at 9:58 PM
Subject: Freshwater pump

I was thinking of changing out my original fresh water pump for a Sureflo Aqua King.My only concern is that the shutoff pressure is 55 PSI, 3.8 Bar.It is an on demand pump and puts out 18 liters per minute.

Has anyone installed this pump ?

The pressure can be reduced however, I do not know how low it will go.

Fair Winds,

Eric

SM 376 Kimberlite

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Hi Eric,
We've had good luck with the Jabsco Parmax Plus 4. 24v. $140. Good pressure won't strain the plumbing.

Chuck
Joy #388

I was thinking of changing out my original fresh water pump for a Sureflo Aqua King.My only concern is that the shutoff pressure is 55 PSI, 3.8 Bar.It is an on demand pump and puts out 18 liters per minute.

Has anyone installed this pump ?

The pressure can be reduced however, I do not know how low it will go.

Fair Winds,

Eric

SM 376 Kimberlite

Gary Wells

Edited

Parmax 4 24v 40psi has performed perfectly for us for 5+ years now.

I think the previous owner had a 25psi model in there when we took over the boat and it was OK, but the 40psi has plenty of reserve for two showers concurrently.

I am not sure how I feel about 55psi except that if it isn't specifically necessary I wouldn't stress all the fittings and clamps to that degree.

Well .. 2 cents worth :)

Gary W.
SM 209, Adagio
Annapolis, MD

James Cromie

Eric - I have the Sureflo Aqua King II on my boat - It was actually installed by the previous owner. So, for around 5 - 6 yrs, I have not had any problems with respect to leaks at fittings, etc. (I leave the water pump on all the time while I’m on the boat.   It is a good pump, I’m happy with its performance, and I keep a spare.  You can adjust the demand sensitivity on it, though I’ve never changed it from the factory setting.

The Parmax might be a little less expensive.

-James

I was thinking of changing out my original fresh water pump for a Sureflo Aqua King.My only concern is that the shutoff pressure is 55 PSI, 3.8 Bar.It is an on demand pump and puts out 18 liters per minute.

Has anyone installed this pump ?

The pressure can be reduced however, I do not know how low it will go.

Fair Winds,

Eric

SM 376 Kimberlite

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi Eric,

Did you end up going with the Aqua King II? Are you happy with it? I'm looking to replace my freshwater pump as well and the Aqua King II premium 4gpm (#4148) or supreme 5gpm (#4158) look like pretty good options. I do not have an accumulator tank.

Also, were you able to wire it so the indicator lamp on the control panel lights up? (Not essential, just curious. Our current pump does not).

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
Opua, NZ

Jamie Wendell

I replaced the pump with a Jabsco variable speed (VFLO)  pump. It has been very good and reliable. It is expensive though.
Jamie Wendell
Phantom A54 #44