frigoboat (Veco) Climma - Electrical Connection Box #spares

EricOpdeweegh

Hello fellow Amalians

As some may know we became the proud owners of sv Abayomi ( ex Nathape) Super Maramu  no158 from 1996 last June 2021.
She is in great shape but we are working on some upgrades. The former owners did not use the airco's.
Due to circumstances (we had a small fire in the control box of this unit in the locker behind the aft head) we had the change to replace the airco in the aft cabin with the new version Climma.

We have now tried to get our Frigoboat Climma (Veco) Split 8 in the saloon also working again.
Cooling is fixed by filling the refrigerant.
The cooling is working great again. Fan, thermostat, evaporator and compressor are working fine.
We replaced all condensators ( 5,4 and 2 uF)

The heating however is not working as it should.
The compressor does not start if we switch to heating and max fan on at the control panel. We have isolated the problem and found that the relais that should start the compressor ( to start her heating cycle) is apparently partly not switching (it has two switches in it). When we short circuit the switch the compressor starts and the fan starts blowing at max.
This electric control box is no longer manufactured and we have a hard time to find an electrician who is willing to repair the printcard/relais.

Is there any other SM owner who has completely replaced their frigoboat split 8 airco unit with a new version and still has this electrical control box lying around waiting for us to take over?
We have enclosed some photos and the specs of the Airco unit. According to the manual the unit was manufactured in 1993

Anyone who could help us with this?

Els & Eric Opdeweegh
sv Abayomi
SM 158
currently in cold and snowy Holland

Eric Freedman

Hi,

Did you speak with Coastal Climate control here in the USA?

They might have an old board lying around.

Otherwise, you might find someone that is electrically competent and replace the defective relay., with another style of relay.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

[...]

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try and contact Coastal Climate Control.

Just wondering if any other SM owner might have a control box that is obsolete to them and bring it to good use.

Fair Wind

Eric sv Abayomi

SM 158

[...]

Rink De Haan

Good morning Eric

For spare parts like capacitors for even the older Climma airco’s in the Netherlands you could try BTST in Groesbeek. They are representing Climma. They took the business from Barco Marine Equipment in Numansdorp a few years ago. Maybe they have some old stock.

Contact: Bas Thijssen
BTST marine equipment
Cranenburgsestraat 138b
6561 AS  Groesbeek
tel:       +31 683594677
 e-mail: bas@...
 www.btst.nl

Best regards
Rink de Haan
SM2k #330 Razor’s Edge

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 1 apr. 2022 om 23:02 heeft EricOpdeweegh <sv.abayomi@...> het volgende geschreven:

[...]

IMG_6662.JPGIMG_6660.JPGIMG_6657.JPGIMG_6656.JPGIMG_6655.JPGIMG_6654.JPGIMG_6653.JPGIMG_6652.JPG

EricOpdeweegh

Rink

Thank you for the suggestion.

I am in contact with Bas. As a matter of fact he supplied and installed the other new airco version in the aft cabin.

And he  also had a technician look at this old one in the saloon at no extra costs.

So if he can not solve the issue with the control board you can imagine why I am trying through the Amel owners group now😊

Fair Winds

Eric Abayomi

SM 158

[...]

Ralph Heilig

Hi Eric,

maybe it helps:

check on Electric diagramm on ALL three Climma units, and control, that "NEUTRAL" and "PHASE" are exactly connected as proposed in the installation manual (the blue and brown 220V power cables). If NEUTRAL and PHASE are exchanged in one Unit, it still works  but shows strange behavior. I had these when I replaced my Climma in the Saloon. The Climma technician could not find the problem  and it took me some days to locate the problem.

Even if it's DC and for a Lamp or other consumer it is not important how you connect the blue and brown cable, in case of Climma the three are connected in the control box, where it is important, that phase an neutral are exactly according the installation manual.

Ralph
Santa Isabella
A54 #144

Ralph Heilig

EricOpdeweegh

Hi Ralph,

Thanks fort he suggestion. Check and found this not the issue. By the way we only have two (Split) airco units on the Super Marmamu. From the SM 2K they installed also one in the forward cabin.

We will continue to try and solve the issue.

But still is any one has a spare control box on the shelf that would be great😊

Fair winds

Eric Abayomi

SM158

check on Electric diagramm on ALL three Climma units, and control, that "NEUTRAL" and "PHASE" are exactly connected as proposed in the installation manual (the blue and brown 220V power cables). If NEUTRAL and PHASE are exchanged in one Unit, it still works  but shows strange behavior. I had these when I replaced my Climma in the Saloon. The Climma technician could not find the problem  and it took me some days to locate the problem.

Even if it's DC and for a Lamp or other consumer it is not important how you connect the blue and brown cable, in case of Climma the three are connected in the control box, where it is important, that phase an neutral are exactly according the installation manual.

Ralph
Santa Isabella
A54 #144

Stefan Jeukendrup

Hoi Eric,

Ik heb mijn eigen 3 Climma Compac 9 EH nagekeken vanmiddag. Die hebben geen reverse cycle met een thermische verwarming. Maar de controle panelen zijn gelijk aan die van jou.

Bij de salon koelde de airco niet. Dat bleek de linker verwarming/uit/koelen schakelaar te zijn.....kontakt schoongemaakt en teruggebogen, werkt weer...

Bij jouw kan het dus ook de schakelaar zijn....

Dat is eenvoudig met de ohm meter te meten, zonder spanning: in de stand verwarmen moet de blauwe draad (3) verbonden zijn met de middelste, kleur zwart (2) en die komt vanaf de Neutraal van de netspanning via de zekering)

Heb het schema van commentaar voorzien.

Morgen maar even verder kijken.

Fijne avond, Stefan