Fuel line exiting fuel tank

Thomas Kleman

I'm looking for the inner diameter of the fuel line which exits the main tank. It's not marked on the hose. This hose runs about a foot out of the tank, then into a copper pipe along the starboard side of the engine, then the same size hose connects it to the racors. It's only markings assure me that it is 7840 A2 01 compliant, but no size is visible.

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K 422
Oahu

Bill Hall

Measure the diameter of the copper tube

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 8:29 PM Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:
I'm looking for the inner diameter of the fuel line which exits the main tank. It's not marked on the hose. This hose runs about a foot out of the tank, then into a copper pipe along the starboard side of the engine, then the same size hose connects it to the racors. It's only markings assure me that it is 7840 A2 01 compliant, but no size is visible.

Tom and Kirstin

SM2K 422
Oahu

Thomas Kleman

Thanks for that insight Bill Hall. When you buy your Amel, I think you'll realize how valuable your answer was. The copper pipe runs under the starboard engine rail and is virtually invisible without removing the Yanmar's muffler and first 6 ft of exhaust hose. I was hoping someone who owns an Amel (like me) has spare fuel line and knows the measurement to save this effort.

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K 422
Oahu

Bill Hall

It seems you can see and access the copper line where the hose attaches.  good luck!