Topics

Fuel tank vent fitting ?

Thomas Kleman

On SM2K 422 there is a outlet fitting and hose at the top aft of the fuel tank. It runs down the scupper to a "T" next to the genset muffler. One leg runs back under the Yanmar and I can't see where it goes. Is this an overfill/expansion feature and if so where does it terminate ? I assume I get fuel in my bilge if this ever happens......and where does the other leg go (sort of disappears under genset).

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K 422
Still happy to be floating after Hurricane Douglas near Miss in Oahu

Alan Leslie

Edited

Hi Tom and Kirstin,

I'm not on my boat so can't be sure, but is it the fuel return line from the injectors on each engine?

That was good fortune to dodge the hurricane !

Cheers

Alan
Elyse SM437

Ian Park

On my Santorin the return fuel pipe from the injectors comes off the engine and back to the tank. On top of the tank is the air vent pipe that is visible in the passage way heading out to the scuppers where there is a vent hole in the side of the hull - to stop back pressure in the filler pipe when re-fuelling.

Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96

[Edited Message Follows]