Topics

FW: Replacement HP hoses for Dessalator - UPDATE

Mark Erdos

I am wondering if someone who has ordered or understands HP hoses for the water maker would be kind enough to take a quick peek at this (before I push the buy button) and make sure this is correct:

HT-06-ASB | 3/8" HYDRAULAX TOUGH™ Hydraulic Hose Assembly

Code: HT-06-ASB

Fitting #1: SS-FJX-06-06 | (Stainless)3/8" JIC 37° Flare Female Swivel (SS-FJX-06-06)

Fitting #2: SS-FJX-06-06 | (Stainless)3/8" JIC 37° Flare Female Swivel (SS-FJX-06-06)

Overall Length: 3 feet 0 inches

These are about US$85 per 3’ hose assembled.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 10:44 AM
To: 'AmelYachtOwners@groups.io'
Subject: Replacement HP hoses for Dessalator

A call out to USA owners,

I have a box of supplies being assembled in the USA for shipment to Tahiti. I would like to include replacement HP hoses for the Amel installed D60 Dessalator. I am unsure of the exact specs for the fittings although I have searched the forum and think it is stainless steel 3/8 inch JIC fittings on all ends. The stuff I am unsure about is if the hose has to be “food grade” and the pressure rating.

Does anyone have a company from whom I can order on-line or better still provide me with a part number and e-tailer?

I have an email out to balcen.com (the USA Dessalator dealer) – I expect they supply it but am assuming it will be expensive and other options might prove more thifty.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

I do not know about the length. A SM with a D160 with membranes in the ceiling needs about 6' for each. Remember one hose is connected at the back of the control panel.

The rest looks good to me, just questioning length.

Bill 
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 5:43 PM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

I am wondering if someone who has ordered or understands HP hoses for the water maker would be kind enough to take a quick peek at this (before I push the buy button) and make sure this is correct:

Fitting #1: SS-FJX-06-06 | (Stainless)3/8" JIC 37° Flare Female Swivel (SS-FJX-06-06)

Fitting #2: SS-FJX-06-06 | (Stainless)3/8" JIC 37° Flare Female Swivel (SS-FJX-06-06)

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

I have a box of supplies being assembled in the USA for shipment to Tahiti. I would like to include replacement HP hoses for the Amel installed D60 Dessalator. I am unsure of the exact specs for the fittings although I have searched the forum and think it is stainless steel 3/8 inch JIC fittings on all ends. The stuff I am unsure about is if the hose has to be “food grade” and the pressure rating.

Does anyone have a company from whom I can order on-line or better still provide me with a part number and e-tailer?

I have an email out to balcen.com (the USA Dessalator dealer) – I expect they supply it but am assuming it will be expensive and other options might prove more thifty.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

karkauai

Hi Mark,
That sounds right, but am not certain of the thread size, I would encourage you to insist on 316 stainless.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Jun 16, 2020 6:47 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Mark Erdos

Thanks Bill and Kent!

Bill, I just put in 3’ so I could get a rough cost. I haven’t actually measured it yet. You’re very observant.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 12:59 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] FW: Replacement HP hoses for Dessalator - UPDATE

I do not know about the length. A SM with a D160 with membranes in the ceiling needs about 6' for each. Remember one hose is connected at the back of the control panel.

Bill 

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

karkauai

On Kristy, 3ft would be enough, 4 would be better.

On Jun 16, 2020 10:26 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill and Kent!

Bill, I just put in 3’ so I could get a rough cost. I haven’t actually measured it yet. You’re very observant.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 12:59 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] FW: Replacement HP hoses for Dessalator - UPDATE

Bill 

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Matt Salatino

Should be OK if 3/8” is indeed the fitting size you need. A 3/8” fitting is larger than 3/8”. You can google NPT fitting dimensions. On previous boat, only one fitting swiveled. Both swiveling is OK, a bit easier to assemble.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Jun 17, 2020, at 12:47 AM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

<image001.jpg>

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378

Hi i just replaced mine. Did the same as  Bill's  suggestion took off old hose took it to hydraulic hose shop told them it was for my watermaker so they made one up in 30 mins  same length with stainless steel fittings 50 euro later all sorted.
Regards
Steve
s/y Dusk sm 378