--
Slavko
SM 2000

Thomas Kleman

If the compressor runs and it doesn't cool it's unlikely to be the thermostat. You may have a leak and have lost your refrigerant. Finding a pin hole in the system is very difficult (ask me how I know). You might try recharging the system with refrigerant and watching to see if a leak emerges. While you are taking the system apart, changing the manual thermostat dial to a digital readout can also be super helpful in diagnosing these types of problems as you can see when it cycles and what the exact temp is inside. My bet is the evaporator plate has a small leak.

Tom and Kirstin
SV L'ORIENT
SM2K 422
Hanalei Bay, Kauia

Slavko D.

Yes, we have recharged the system and all works good. If that happens again we will take it out and will be checked in the service shop. Regarding thermostat as all have been working, compressor and ventilator, so it was sending a signal  to both parts of the system. Previous owner said that refrigerator was never refilled and is the service confirmed that was never recharged. So, we will see.

Thank you for the answer.

Ken Powers SV Aquarius

You need to be very careful when cleaning your fridge.  If you get the ice off the plate with something that could puncture the gas lines within the plate, this is not being very careful.  One of my fridges was not working, and actually found a honest refrigeration guy in Tahiti.  He said, yeah I could change some parts, but I don't think that's the problem.  The quick connect links (that only cost a few dollars) usually go bad, so let's change them and fill up back up and run it.  It worked!  Paid for an hour of time, little bit of gas, and two quick connect gaskets...  Still working 2.5 years later....  All for less than $100 dollar bill.

Now, if you were in Le Marin. there's a 6' 2" French guy that will tell you you need a new refrigerator and installation which cost only $3500.

Cheers,

Ken
Aquarius SM2K #262
Still in Thailand

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Yes, that’s exactly what happened to me in Le Marin and I fell for it

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada