Galley sink

Kristen Schmit

Has anyone tried painting the galley sink?  Not fond of the existing mustard color on the SMM

Kristen Schmit
s/v Kiana

Bill Kinney

Kristen,

Not exactly the same... but close.  On my old boat I built a sink out of mahogany and finished it with two-part polyurethane varnish.  It was a robust finish that took all the routine abuse that a sink in daily use gets.

Based on that, I'd expect a two-part polyurethane paint like Awlgrip to be a good choice.

Bill Kinney
SM160,  Harmonie
Le Marin, Martinique

Kristen Schmit

Thanks Bill.  Also looking at simply replacing, but then May need whole new counter (not a bad thing😀) due to the integrated side board.  Thanks!
Kris
Kiana
SM#362

Not exactly the same... but close.  On my old boat I built a sink out of mahogany and finished it with two-part polyurethane varnish.  It was a robust finish that took all the routine abuse that a sink in daily use gets.

Based on that, I'd expect a two-part polyurethane paint like Awlgrip to be a good choice.

Bill Kinney
SM160,  Harmonie
Le Marin, Martinique

Ian Park

I put a new 1 and 1/2 s/s sink and new coriander work top in my Santorin years ago. No regrets. The drainer and large sink took up too much space. I also did not like grouting around the small tiles from a hygiene point of view.

Ian