Gas struts for cockpit access

Ron Hynes

The gas struts that assist opening the cockpit floor and holding the hatch open are seriously deteriorated on my boat. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I was wondering if anyone has found a source and knows the specs for these struts.  I have an older Meltem, but I’ve seen the cockpit access up through super maramus and they are pretty much the same.

JB Duler

Ron,

I am working on installing gas struts. That cockpit floor is getting heavy.
I'll send you the specs of the struts I picked and the location (tried a couple of spots, did not work).

--
John Bernard "JB" Duler
San Francisco

Mark Erdos

The specs for the struts are:

A1A1N40-250-608/400N 316L Stainless Steel

Meaning a stroke of 250 mm with 608 mm overall

400 NM resistance

The stroke is 8 mm

The Diameter of the cylinder is 19 mm

With 8 mm hinge on each side.

I ordered replacements from www.easylift.com

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

Ron Hynes

Thanks for the information.

Ron Hynes
954.319.0944

On Sep 21, 2021, at 1:06 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

The specs for the struts are:

A1A1N40-250-608/400N 316L Stainless Steel

Meaning a stroke of 250 mm with 608 mm overall

400 NM resistance

The stroke is 8 mm

The Diameter of the cylinder is 19 mm

With 8 mm hinge on each side.

I ordered replacements from www.easylift.com

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

<Strut (Gas Spring) - Engine Hatch 1.jpg>
<Strut (Gas Spring) - Engine Hatch 2.jpg>