Topics

Generator monitoring

william reynolds

Being new to my SM2000 I was surprised at the lack of instrumentation
for the generator. Having had 2 generator equipped boats that had oil pressure, temp. and
A/C load I am curious if all SM are missing these vital instruments. They give advance warning of an oil leak, bad impeller
or A/C overload. I'm also a commercial pilot and would not fly without this instrumentation. Is this the norm for these boats?
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM #331

Two things:

Onan sells the instrument add-on. It is plug and play.

The Onan sensors and pcb control are designed to shut down the generator before damage.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 6:35 PM william reynolds <sail23692@...> wrote:
Being new to my SM2000 I was surprised at the lack of instrumentation
for the generator. Having had 2 generator equipped boats that had oil pressure, temp. and
A/C load I am curious if all SM are missing these vital instruments. They give advance warning of an oil leak, bad impeller
or A/C overload. I'm also a commercial pilot and would not fly without this instrumentation. Is this the norm for these boats?
Bill Reynolds
Cloudstreet SM #331

Stefano Silvestri

Thanks Bill Rouse, would you please send a link where we can find Onan instruments?
Thanks again
Stef

Stefano,

You should have an Onan parts manual on your SM. The correct gauges for your model Onan will be listed in your parts manual. The gauges will not be the same for all model Onans.

If you don't have a parts manual contact your local Cummins/Onan dealer with your model and serial numbers.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020, 11:32 PM Stefano Silvestri <stefano.silvestri.51@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill Rouse, would you please send a link where we can find Onan instruments?
Thanks again
Stef

Stefano Silvestri

Thanks Bill, I'll have a look