Topics

Gennaker + furler for sale

Scott SV Tengah
 

Hi all,

We are selling our Deme Voiles gennaker (100 square meters) and Facnor FX4500 furler. It's in good shape and has only a few small stains which can probably be removed. It's a great sail and the only reason we're selling is that the previous owner also included a laminate code zero, which covers roughly the same range as the gennaker. 

Attached are some photos. The sail on the right with the Amel logo is the gennaker. I can take more pics of it next time we have suitable conditions, if you'd like. Add a halyard and you have everything you need to fly the gennaker. In sub 10 knot true winds, it can make the difference between sailing and motoring. At around 10 knot true, we see an additional knot or two SOG vs. using our Genoa.

The furler is $3000 new and the gennaker is a little over $6000.

The whole package is for sale for $4000, less than half the original price. I'm on the US East Coast now, will be going to the Annapolis boat show in a few weeks and then down to the Eastern Caribbean, including Martinique in mid November. Of course, I could ship, too.

Thanks!
--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com

Scott SV Tengah
 

We didn't have many photos since we don't use it much because it overlaps with our code zero.

We got the gennaker up on our last trip and took some more photos. As mentioned, there are some dirty spots that could use some washing. We used it at 180degrees apparent, but that was because we're in the Chesapeake now and there's little swell. Usually we use it from 50-130 apparent or so.

Of course it fits an A54 perfectly. It appears that SM owners should have a small bowsprit made due to the size.  I understand Eric of Kimberlite had one made for his far larger gennaker and it works well. You can see in one of the photos how I attach it on my A54 - right to the bow roller.

We're in Annapolis for the boat show for the next week or so and then leaving the US for the Caribbean after Nov 1. My friends over at Quantum have stated that they can help me ship it and they stated it won't be too expensive, for what that's worth! 

--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com

Paul Brown
 

G’day Scott 

We have the same set up on our 55 and it’s a great Gennika sail and furler unit. We find we can run up to 16knots true with no issue and she really moves us along, but it does helps motoring down wind when you need to furl in... We have had it up to 22knots true, though not by choice and find it a little tougher to furl in, but by motoring down wind at around 7knots at 150 degrees it is manageable at 22 knots true if the situation arises.. it does work so well and very handy between 50-150deg in light winds we find, it’s our favourite sail.

You should hang onto it as a spare perhaps.

I’m not sure if you’re sail would work on a 55 but I would like it as a spare if you don’t sell it along the way 

Regards Paul - Fortuna II 55/17


On 8 Oct 2019, at 6:44 pm, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

We didn't have many photos since we don't use it much because it overlaps with our code zero.

We got the gennaker up on our last trip and took some more photos. As mentioned, there are some dirty spots that could use some washing. We used it at 180degrees apparent, but that was because we're in the Chesapeake now and there's little swell. Usually we use it from 50-130 apparent or so.

Of course it fits an A54 perfectly. It appears that SM owners should have a small bowsprit made due to the size.  I understand Eric of Kimberlite had one made for his far larger gennaker and it works well. You can see in one of the photos how I attach it on my A54 - right to the bow roller.

We're in Annapolis for the boat show for the next week or so and then leaving the US for the Caribbean after Nov 1. My friends over at Quantum have stated that they can help me ship it and they stated it won't be too expensive, for what that's worth! 

--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com
<Chesapeake 20191001-3.jpg>
<Chesapeake 20191001-6.jpg>
<Chesapeake 20191001-10.jpg>
<Chesapeake 20191001-11.jpg>
<Chesapeake 20191001-14.jpg>

Scott SV Tengah
 

Paul,

We love it and have kept it as a backup to our code zero but we're getting a Parasailor for the Pacific crossing, so that bow locker is getting a wee bit tight. 

With respect to it working on a 55, it should work. The 54's mast and Genoa is slightly smaller than the 55, so the A55 won't have any problems with respect to it being too big. 

Let's see if anyone else wants it, otherwise I would like to sell it prior to getting to leaving the US in a month or so as we are picking up our Parasailor in the Caribbean and would prefer not having to deal with storing both!
--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com

Paul Brown
 

Hi Scott 

We are currently wintering in north Sicily and planning to cross late next year to the Caribbean, so it’s a long shot, if you still have it on board when you get to Australia if that’s on route we can arrange a trade then or some other time if no one purchases it from you in the mean time 

It is a great attribute for sailing for sure 

Regards Paul - Fortuna 55/17


On 8 Oct 2019, at 7:30 pm, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Paul,

We love it and have kept it as a backup to our code zero but we're getting a Parasailor for the Pacific crossing, so that bow locker is getting a wee bit tight. 

With respect to it working on a 55, it should work. The 54's mast and Genoa is slightly smaller than the 55, so the A55 won't have any problems with respect to it being too big. 

Let's see if anyone else wants it, otherwise I would like to sell it prior to getting to leaving the US in a month or so as we are picking up our Parasailor in the Caribbean and would prefer not having to deal with storing both!
--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com

Scott SV Tengah
 

Thanks Paul. It has just been sold.

Perhaps we'll still cross paths in AU/NZ! We plan to be there Nov 2020 or thereabouts.

--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com

Paul Brown
 

No problem, I do need a 125sm Gennika for a 55 anyways

Hope to meet up in AU or along the way for sure 

Cheers Paul 


On 9 Oct 2019, at 7:09 pm, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Thanks Paul. It has just been sold.

Perhaps we'll still cross paths in AU/NZ! We plan to be there Nov 2020 or thereabouts.

--
Scott 
2007 A54 #69
SV Tengah
http://www.svtengah.com