From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...>
Sent: 11 March 2020 21:58
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Hardstand storage Greece

Dear Amel Owners Group,

I am considering storing my Amel on the hardstand for 8-12 months from August this year and inquiring for any recommendations from the group for value and good service available, preferably Greece or Italy but happy to consider other locations in the MED.

Please reply with any assistant and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Paul - FORTUNA II 55#17

Paul Brown

Thanks Ian and Judy, I will check them out

Regards, Paul... Sent from my iPhone

On 12 Mar 2020, at 09:16, ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,

We have had good experiences at both Cleopatra Marina , Preveza in the Ionian and Basimapokoulos Shipyard in Kilada in the Aegean.

Lots of Amels in both. Good range of services in the former, adequate in the latter.  We have heard of good services at Lavrion, the nearest to Athens airport, but pricey.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Kilada

I am considering storing my Amel on the hardstand for 8-12 months from August this year and inquiring for any recommendations from the group for value and good service available, preferably Greece or Italy but happy to consider other locations in the MED.

Please reply with any assistant and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Paul - FORTUNA II 55#17

Jose Alegria

Paul hi

Cleopatra Marina- Preveza
Nice yard service - contact Grigoris Psofakis at  techdep@...
Merit is at Cleopatra Marina dry dock from last September- they do all kind of jobs very attentively

Regards

José Alegria
A55#003MERIT
josealegr@...
Mobile: + 351 91 866 30 37

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 22:18, Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
[...]

Peter Forbes

We stored in Gouvia marina on Corfu - excellent and good Amel familiar German guy there who I can introduce you too if you like.

Peter Forbes
Carango Amel 54#035
07836 209730

On 11 Mar 2020, at 21:58, Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:

Dear Amel Owners Group,

I am considering storing my Amel on the hardstand for 8-12 months from August this year and inquiring for any recommendations from the group for value and good service available, preferably Greece or Italy but happy to consider other locations in the MED.

Please reply with any assistant and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Paul - FORTUNA II 55#17

Paul Brown

Thank you Peter, I know where that marina is and will make an inquiry.

On 12 Mar 2020, at 09:28, Peter Forbes <ppsforbes@...> wrote:

We stored in Gouvia marina on Corfu - excellent and good Amel familiar German guy there who I can introduce you too if you like.

Peter Forbes
Carango Amel 54#035
07836 209730

On 11 Mar 2020, at 21:58, Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:

Dear Amel Owners Group,

I am considering storing my Amel on the hardstand for 8-12 months from August this year and inquiring for any recommendations from the group for value and good service available, preferably Greece or Italy but happy to consider other locations in the MED.

Please reply with any assistant and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Paul - FORTUNA II 55#17

david bruce

Hi Paul,
 I can unreservedly recommend Cleopatra in Preveza, it s the cleanest, most well organized marina I have seen and have heard same from several world cruisers.  Average prices, not a steal but not outrageous. There are 4-5 Amels within a heaving line throw of us.  Close to airport and there is a daily launch to Preveza town to do shopping and paperwork.  Staff friendly and efficient.

Best,   Dave
Liesse
SN006

On Mar 11, 2020, at 3:28 PM, Peter Forbes <ppsforbes@...> wrote:

We stored in Gouvia marina on Corfu - excellent and good Amel familiar German guy there who I can introduce you too if you like.

Peter Forbes
Carango Amel 54#035
07836 209730

On 11 Mar 2020, at 21:58, Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:

Dear Amel Owners Group,

I am considering storing my Amel on the hardstand for 8-12 months from August this year and inquiring for any recommendations from the group for value and good service available, preferably Greece or Italy but happy to consider other locations in the MED.

Please reply with any assistant and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Paul - FORTUNA II 55#17

Paul Brown

Hi Dave,

thank you, I will inquire. I did hard stand there many years ago and found it reliable and efficient

On 12 Mar 2020, at 09:46, david bruce <davidcbruce57@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve Hoefel

Paul,

   If location is not a factor, I can highly recommend the Basimakopoulos shipyard in Kilada.  I have been using them for 14 years and they have grown and modernized with each and every year.  Very boat friendly staff and Kilada is a hidden gem.

Steve Hoefel

s/v Trident Star

Maramu #25

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Germain Jean-Pierre

Consider in water at Marina Di Ragusa in Sicily.  Little to no fouling as there are many fresh water sources within the perimeter.  We lived aboard for 6 months...

Jean-Pierre Germain,SY Eleuthera, SM 007, NZ

On 12 Mar 2020, at 10:58, Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:

Dear Amel Owners Group,

I am considering storing my Amel on the hardstand for 8-12 months from August this year and inquiring for any recommendations from the group for value and good service available, preferably Greece or Italy but happy to consider other locations in the MED.

Please reply with any assistant and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Paul - FORTUNA II 55#17

Randall

Paul,

Well there is an MDL marina in San Carles de la Rapita Spain.
You pay one price for your 6 months or year, to be hauled out, they then power spray the bottom, supply stands, strap you down to concrete, complete flat yard, with electical and water supplied in that price then put you back in the water. And the main bonus is if you want is, you can stay/live on the boat, while you work.
The town has all you need for provisions, they have one of the best Volvo Dealer/Service shops in the world.
Not the cheapest. But really a good, safe marina.

Randall,
A54 #56

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 10:58 PM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Dear Amel Owners Group,

I am considering storing my Amel on the hardstand for 8-12 months from August this year and inquiring for any recommendations from the group for value and good service available, preferably Greece or Italy but happy to consider other locations in the MED.

Please reply with any assistant and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Paul - FORTUNA II 55#17

Joerg Esdorn

Hi Paul, another vote for Basimakopoulos.  Kincsem overwintered there 2017-2018.  They are very competent at hauling & launching and have a good team of outside contractors who do excellent work for a good value.  You're also father away from the red Sahara dust than in Sicily, for example.  Good luck!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem
Vigo, Spain

Paul Brown

Thanks Joerg, sounds like a good spot for dry storage and work. I’ll make some inquiries

All the best

On 13 Mar 2020, at 01:17, Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313@...> wrote:

Hi Paul, another vote for Basimakopoulos.  Kincsem overwintered there 2017-2018.  They are very competent at hauling & launching and have a good team of outside contractors who do excellent work for a good value.  You're also father away from the red Sahara dust than in Sicily, for example.  Good luck!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem
Vigo, Spain

Massimo Vecchietti

...i have  had good experience in Samos Marina, and Leros Marina...good price, all services.

Il Mer 11 Mar 2020, 17:58 Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> ha scritto:
Dear Amel Owners Group,

I am considering storing my Amel on the hardstand for 8-12 months from August this year and inquiring for any recommendations from the group for value and good service available, preferably Greece or Italy but happy to consider other locations in the MED.

Please reply with any assistant and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Paul - FORTUNA II 55#17

Paul,

Don't forget about Malta - Manoel Island Yacht Yard. I have been there several times. I have clients that really like this place and it is one of my Preferred Vendors.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020, 10:17 AM Massimo Vecchietti <massimovecchietti@...> wrote:
...i have  had good experience in Samos Marina, and Leros Marina...good price, all services.

Il Mer 11 Mar 2020, 17:58 Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> ha scritto:
Dear Amel Owners Group,

I am considering storing my Amel on the hardstand for 8-12 months from August this year and inquiring for any recommendations from the group for value and good service available, preferably Greece or Italy but happy to consider other locations in the MED.

Please reply with any assistant and thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards, Paul - FORTUNA II 55#17

Ian Park

Bill
The OCC Port Officer for Malta has strongly advised all members to avoid going to Malta at present. No reason given.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96

On 12 Mar 2020, at 18:22, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

Bill. Update
Paul Warren has said all flights from/to Spain, France Italy, UK, Switzerland banned.
Seems like Malta will shut down Friday. Only goods shipping in allowed.

Ian

[...]

Matt Salatino

Uh oh, we are supposed to board a flight to France from JFK in 90 minutes.
I guess we’ll not be going......

On Mar 12, 2020, at 2:06 PM, Ian <parkianj@...> wrote:

[...]

John Clanton <jclanton@...>

You should be good until Friday night.