Topics

headliner problems

svmarion <DHession@aol.com> <DHession@...>

The foam backed headliner/ wallcovering that Amel used
in 1989 on my Maramu is falling down/off as it seems
the foam has dissolved .
Does anyone have a good replacement product that will
solve this problem ?
If so , please respond as all my attempts to repair have
been unsatisfactory to date .
Thanks in advance.
Terry

stargazer41amel <no_reply@...>

Terry,

In our 41 Sharki, we had 3/8" tongue/groove ash milled for us. We
directly covered the vinyl and screwed into the ceiling with no
problems. We did main cabin first 2 years ago and no problems. We
did V-berth this past December. We did ourselves with a little
instruction from a woodworking friend. It looks great! Now on to
the back berth! Then we will tackle the "halls".

Delores

billklein48 <sidecar1@optonline.net> <sidecar1@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "svmarion <DHession@a...>"
<DHession@a...> wrote:
The foam backed headliner/ wallcovering that Amel used
in 1989 on my Maramu is falling down/off as it seems
the foam has dissolved .
Does anyone have a good replacement product that will
solve this problem ?
If so , please respond as all my attempts to repair have
been unsatisfactory to date .
Thanks in advance.
Terry

Dear Terry and Dennis, If you remember, the Maramu "Popeye" also had
falling headliner ( not as bad as yours ). When I get around to it I
will replace the headliner with a rigid material that is commonly
used in residential bathrooms sort of like panelling). I think the
trade name may be Sanitex (??)but I am not sure. It can be cut to
shape with a sabre saw and attached with battens. Since it is used in
bathrooms it is water resistant and easy to clean, having a slightly
pebbled shiny white surface. It somewhat resembles the headlining
materials used in many large boats that I have seen at boat shows.
Best regards , Bill and Donna