Topics

Heater installed by factory Amel 54

eric freedman

Hi ,

Does anyone in the group have a heater installed by the factory in an Amel 54?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Courtney Gorman

Hi Eric I do but have never used it.
Cheers ūü•ā¬†
Courtney
svTrippin
54#101
Brunswick

On Jan 5, 2021, at 6:45 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

ÔĽŅ

Hi ,

Does anyone in the group have a heater installed by the factory in an Amel 54?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Craig Briggs

So, Courtney, it's going down to 41¬į F / 5¬įC tonight in Brunswick!¬† Brrr.
Give it a try and it will:
1 - clear and burn out any dust in the burner and ducts,
2 - freshen up the diesel fuel in the pump and supply line
3- scare the livin' bejeezus out of any critters having moved into the intake plenum (I had a hive of paper wasps that stunck like crazy for days but cleared up).
Or, as someone said, "use it or lose it".
Of course I'm sure you're comfy with the reverse cycle A/C and at the dock the diesel exhaust is not acceptable, but occasional running is good.
Cheers, Craig
--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Courtney Gorman

Craig I’m in bed at home working this week.  Back on Trippin Saturday hopefully setting sail for St Thomas on Sunday
Cheers

On Jan 5, 2021, at 10:12 PM, Craig Briggs via groups.io <sangaris@...> wrote:

ÔĽŅSo, Courtney, it's going down to 41¬į F / 5¬įC tonight in Brunswick!¬† Brrr.
Give it a try and it will:
1 - clear and burn out any dust in the burner and ducts,
2 - freshen up the diesel fuel in the pump and supply line
3- scare the livin' bejeezus out of any critters having moved into the intake plenum (I had a hive of paper wasps that stunck like crazy for days but cleared up).
Or, as someone said, "use it or lose it".
Of course I'm sure you're comfy with the reverse cycle A/C and at the dock the diesel exhaust is not acceptable, but occasional running is good.
Cheers, Craig
--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Teun BAAS

I do.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

January 6, 2021 12:42:39

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909