Topics

Help! SM deck stripes

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Hi All,
This is a cut and paste from a friend who was going to paint my stripes on my SM in Trinidad.
"went to budget marine but don't have brown in paint in Interlux Brightside went to the paint matcher but he said that brand of paint can't be match,he suggested another one that uses a primer,so unless you can get a one part paint from overseas and send it to me,the only option down here is a two part paint which is double the labor, budget say they only have, blue,black, white and gray in that brand of paint, wait to hear from you"
I thought I read that someone used Brightside on their decks which lasted a while. Anywho I'm in the US now till Oct. Any idea on how to get brown paint to Trinidad. Or other options. Thx for your time.
Chuck
Joy 388

Chuck,

He's right. I had an issue with mixing Brightside to brown.

If he is talking about the paint supply shop in Coral Cove Marina, I trust the opinion of the owner of that shop. We had him mix 1 part cream color for the faux caulking.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019, 10:48 PM Chuck_Kim_Joy <clacey9@...> wrote:
Hi All,
This is a cut and paste from a friend who was going to paint my stripes on my SM in Trinidad.
"went to budget marine but don't have brown in paint in Interlux Brightside went to the paint matcher but he said that brand of paint can't be match,he suggested another one that uses a primer,so unless you can get a one part paint from overseas and send it to me,the only option down here is a two part paint which is double the labor, budget say they only have, blue,black, white and gray in that brand of paint, wait to hear from you"
I thought I read that someone used Brightside on their decks which lasted a while. Anywho I'm in the US now till Oct. Any idea on how to get brown paint to Trinidad. Or other options. Thx for your time.
Chuck
Joy 388

Ian Townsend

We used Brightside Hatteras Off White and a flattening agent. Very close match.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
US East Coast

On Sep 1, 2019, at 6:27 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

Matt Salatino

The paint we bought locally in Trinidad, from a shop by Coral Cove, was much better than Brightsides. Didn’t flake off like brightsides, one part, and easy to apply. Of course I used it as a boot stripe, not on my deck. He could match anything.