How much gear oil is needed for the 'C' Drive

Eric Freedman

Kimberlite is on the hard for it bottom paint job. I replaced the lips seals, greased the prop, rebuilt the spurs line cutter,  and wearing out bearing. I also drained the gear oil. Tomorrow I want to fill up the ‘C” drive, but I forgot to read the manual and I don’t recall how much gear oil I need for Kimberlite. I would like to save a trip to the boat. Does anyone know how much gear oil I need for the “C” drive?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Greg Thomas

Eric,
Bill R states in post #41551 that "the C-drive takes just under 9L of 80/90 gear oil".
Greg

Craig Briggs

Hi Eric,
The original plaque says 8 Liters of 15W-40 oil. Oliver informed us some years ago that 80-90 would be better, but Amel figured it would be easier to have to carry only one type of oil for both engine and "C" drive. I think most of us switched to 80-90.
Craig
--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Eric Freedman

Hi Craig,

Thank you.

I thought it was around 2 gallons .

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

The original plaque says 8 Liters of 15W-40 oil. Oliver informed us some years ago that 80-90 would be better, but Amel figured it would be easier to have to carry only one type of oil for both engine and "C" drive. I think most of us switched to 80-90.
Craig
--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Eric ,

9 litres does it for us .
Ian

On 20 Oct 2021, at 03:35, Craig Briggs via groups.io <sangaris@...> wrote:

Hi Eric,
The original plaque says 8 Liters of 15W-40 oil. Oliver informed us some years ago that 80-90 would be better, but Amel figured it would be easier to have to carry only one type of oil for both engine and "C" drive. I think most of us switched to 80-90.
Craig
--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Dan Carlson

NAPA Auto Parts in the USA sells a 5 gallon pail for about $75 US.  That's about the same price as buying 9-10 liters/quarts.

Best regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM #387.

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021, 1:08 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Eric ,

9 litres does it for us .
Ian

On 20 Oct 2021, at 03:35, Craig Briggs via groups.io <sangaris=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Eric,
The original plaque says 8 Liters of 15W-40 oil. Oliver informed us some years ago that 80-90 would be better, but Amel figured it would be easier to have to carry only one type of oil for both engine and "C" drive. I think most of us switched to 80-90.
Craig
--
SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Eric Freedman