How to prevent In Mast furler profile banging inside the mast?

EricOpdeweegh

Hello Amelians

We have taken down/off the Main sail and Mizzen sail for a short period.
Does anyone have a trick to prevent the furler profile from banging and moving in the mast while there is no sail on it?

Greets
Eric & Els Opdeweegh
sv Abayomi , SM 158
currently in Holland

Craig Briggs

Swimming pool noodles.  Cut a few 30mm/1 foot pieces and slit them lengthwise to slip over the foil, string light messenger line to space them out and hoist with the halyard. Lower with the messenger line next spring. Only need a few.
--
Craig Briggs - s/v Sangaris / SN68  Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Heinz Stutenbaeumer

Tie a long rope 10mm to the siwiel. Pull it up. Turn the furler 5 times. No more bangs
Cheers Heinz

Am 13.11.2021 14:47 schrieb EricOpdeweegh <sv.abayomi@...>:

Hello Amelians

We have taken down/off the Main sail and Mizzen sail for a short period.
Does anyone have a trick to prevent the furler profile from banging and moving in the mast while there is no sail on it?

Greets
Eric & Els Opdeweegh
sv Abayomi , SM 158
currently in Holland

EricOpdeweegh

Thanks Heinz and Craig

I will go for the Heinz idea right away.

Eric and Els Opdeweegh
sv Abayomi
SM 158

heinz@quetzal.berlin

For every turn go 1 m deeper

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Heinz Stutenbäumer

Am 13.11.2021 um 15:53 schrieb EricOpdeweegh <sv.abayomi@...>:

Thanks Heinz and Craig

I will go for the Heinz idea right away.

Eric and Els Opdeweegh
sv Abayomi
SM 158

--
Hello
Since yesterday when I tried to park in a box in a marina in Auckland my bow thruster motor failed.
If I turn the beam to the left or right the whole power supply breaks down for a moment. After that the power is back.
I took the rudder off and it can be turned perfectly by hand.
But the same happens with the engine. No power for a few seconds, all instruments off, no rotation of the motor.
Does anyone know this problem.
Does anyone know how I can find out if it's the motor or maybe a relay that doesn't work.
Can I test the motor without a relay, maybe on the 4 cables marked D1, D2, and A1, A2?
I am grateful for a quick answer.
Heinz SY Quetzal, SM 2000, 292

Craig Briggs

Pool Noodles are fun but I like Heinz's solution, too!
--
Craig Briggs - s/v Sangaris / SN68  Tropic Isle Harbor, FL