How to Replace Burkert vent of dessalator - Amel 54

Martin Birkhoff

Hi all,

we need to change the Burkert valve for the watermaker. See pic.

I think that it is not screwed anywhere and can just be pulled out of the metal holder theoretically.
This requires disconnecting the tubing. I am not familiar with this tubing system. Is this a push in and be happy kind of thing? Which would mean I can just pull the pipes out of the fittings?

I would appreciate some tips or information.

Many thanks in advance

SY Mago del Sur - 54#40

Craig Briggs

Hi Martin,
Rather than just pulling out the pipe from the fitting, you'll need to depress the locking clip ring first with an inexpensive push fitting removal ring or similar tool - readily available.
Craig Briggs - s/v Sangaris / SN68  Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Martin Birkhoff

Many thanks Craig,

sorry for my late response.

Meanwhile I got the valve out of its place. After disassembling, we found calcium deposits that were easy to clean.
Unfortunately, our new valve (successor model of the original) did not fit into the existing opening of the support.
Therefore cleaning was easier than replacing the valve and modifying the support.


Mago del Sur - 54#40