Hypalon-RIB 250cm storage

Slavko Despotovic

Hello,

I am planning to order new Hypalon RIB 250cm. Maine objective is to be able to put it in to aft storage (lazzarete) when on long passage. I can find the dimension of solid part of dingy but would would be easier to have first hand experience with storage of that kind of dingy.  
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in ACI marina Umag

Alan Leslie

Edited

Hello Slavko,

Would you get it in the lazarette? I doubt it.
We have a 2.6m Highfield RIB and we store it upside down on the aft cabin roof under the mizzen boom, bow facing aft. It JUST fits.
We had a custom elasticised Sunbrella cover made for it and it's held down with webbing straps to the rails on the cabin roof. 
We have sailed across the South Pacific with it like this and have not had any issues even with white water coming over the boat. 

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila

To be able to store the dingy in the aft lazarer, you can’t have a solid bottom. You have to be able to fold it.

Here is how we store our dinghy. Having a slide we mount over the aft it is super easy to launch it and get it back up again.
We have hade this system for 16 years, sailed Europe-Caribbean back and forth and many years in The Med. We do have a cover that we put on during lo g distances over open sea to prevent it to be waterfilled.

Not a very goid picture but it is what I have availeble right now.

Regards
Ann-Sofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

10/09/2021 kl. 11:51 skrev Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...>:

Hello Slavko,

Would you get it in the lazarette? I doubt it.
We have a 2.6m Highfield RIB and we store it upside down on the aft cabin roof under the mizzen boom, bow facing aft. It JUST fits.
We had a custom elasticised Sunbrella cover made for it and it's held down with webbing straps to the rails on the cabin roof. 
We have sailed across the South Pacific with it like this and have not had any issues even with white water coming over the boat. 

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437