Topics

Insurance - The Marine Shop (New Zealand)

Mark Erdos

I recently received a quote from The Marine Shop Ltd (New Zealand) for primary coverage of our Amel. It is underwritten 100% by Great Lakes Insurance SE who has an A+ rating on Ambest.

I am wondering if anyone has any experiences to share about either of these companies. In order to comply with group rules, it you wish to send me a private email, please do.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

JOHN HAYES

Hi Mark

I’m using them

My email is johnhayes862@... 

Can’t see your personal email maybe you would like to email me direct

Best
John Hayes 
Nga Waka sn91
Wellington nz

On 11/02/2021, at 4:25 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

I recently received a quote from The Marine Shop Ltd (New Zealand) for primary coverage of our Amel. It is underwritten 100% by Great Lakes Insurance SE who has an A+ rating on Ambest.

I am wondering if anyone has any experiences to share about either of these companies. In order to comply with group rules, it you wish to send me a private email, please do.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Mark,

We used The Marine Shop when we were in NZ and gave them our 2-year forward-looking plan including our destinations after departing NZ which included Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, etc. When we paid the premium everything was fine. About 6 months later when we were in Malaysia, the underwriter changed their mind about covering us for our previously disclosed route and we had to scramble to get insurance and a survey for insurance. To this day, I am not sure who dropped the ball, but I know that we were 100% straight forward in our disclosures. Possibly ours was an unusual case...I do not know. I believe that contractually they had the right to do this to us, but under the circumstances, we were disappointed because we never expected this.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 12:27 AM JOHN HAYES <johnhayes862@...> wrote:
Hi Mark

I’m using them

Best
John Hayes 
Nga Waka sn91
Wellington nz

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Mark Erdos

Bill,

Do you remember if the underwriter was Great Lakes Insurance SE? Did The Marine Shop help in any way to obtain a new policy?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021 3:21 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Insurance - The Marine Shop (New Zealand)

Mark,

We used The Marine Shop when we were in NZ and gave them our 2-year forward-looking plan including our destinations after departing NZ which included Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, India, etc. When we paid the premium everything was fine. About 6 months later when we were in Malaysia, the underwriter changed their mind about covering us for our previously disclosed route and we had to scramble to get insurance and a survey for insurance. To this day, I am not sure who dropped the ball, but I know that we were 100% straight forward in our disclosures. Possibly ours was an unusual case...I do not know. I believe that contractually they had the right to do this to us, but under the circumstances, we were disappointed because we never expected this.

Bill

Hi Mark

I’m using them

Best

John Hayes 

Nga Waka sn91

Wellington nz

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

It was Alliance sent you a private email

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 10:18 AM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Bill,

Do you remember if the underwriter was Great Lakes Insurance SE? Did The Marine Shop help in any way to obtain a new policy?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse

Mark,

Bill

Hi Mark

I’m using them

Best

John Hayes 

Nga Waka sn91

Wellington nz

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

amel46met

Hi Mark I have use them ,Bill,  for eight years for my total circumnavigation
Tom Deasy Aphrodite 
Maramu 125

On Feb 11, 2021, at 8:18 AM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Bill,

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Mark,

Bill

Hi Mark

I’m using them

Best

John Hayes 

Nga Waka sn91

Wellington nz

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us