Topics

Iridium GO! and the iPhone 11 #order

David Kurtz

I inherited an Iridium GO! when I purchased my SM2 last year and am just now beginning to use it.  Thanks to PredictWind’s tech support in New Zealand I can get the system up and running with my iPad.  However, my iPhone 11 refuses to connect despite working through everything I could, and tech support, could think of.  Anyone else using an iPhone 11 with the Iridium GO! platform and get it working?  Problems like this drive me nuts.
--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380

Detroit, Michigan

Bill Hall

No experience with the go.  Lots of Apple experience.  When first linking Apple products sometimes they need to connect without competition.  If you have not tried this disconnect the iPad from wifi and turn it off. Then try to connect the iPhone.  If that works you should be able to use both the phone and the iPad

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 6:20 AM David Kurtz via groups.io <Davidwkurtz=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I inherited an Iridium GO! when I purchased my SM2 last year and am just now beginning to use it.  Thanks to PredictWind’s tech support in New Zealand I can get the system up and running with my iPad.  However, my iPhone 11 refuses to connect despite working through everything I could, and tech support, could think of.  Anyone else using an iPhone 11 with the Iridium GO! platform and get it working?  Problems like this drive me nuts.
--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380
S/V Celtic Cross

Detroit, Michigan

Thomas Peacock

Hi Dave,
We use the Go with iPhones, but not 11.
Could you describe in more detail what the problem is? Does the Iridium WiFi show up as a choice? Password problems? Connected to WiFi but still not working? As much detail as possible, I’d be happy to try and help.
Tom Peacock
SM Aletes 240
Chesapeake Bay

with its tiny keyboard

On Jun 26, 2020, at 9:20 AM, David Kurtz via groups.io <Davidwkurtz@...> wrote:

I inherited an Iridium GO! when I purchased my SM2 last year and am just now beginning to use it.  Thanks to PredictWind’s tech support in New Zealand I can get the system up and running with my iPad.  However, my iPhone 11 refuses to connect despite working through everything I could, and tech support, could think of.  Anyone else using an iPhone 11 with the Iridium GO! platform and get it working?  Problems like this drive me nuts.
--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380
S/V Celtic Cross

Detroit, Michigan

David Kurtz

Thanks, Tom.  I just spent an hour yesterday on the phone with PredictWind in New Zealand.  The problem is a VPN connection.  Norton offers a particularly tenacious VPN product that turns on “on demand” which means you can turn it off and it will turn back on by itself.  In the end, I just deleted the Norton VPN from my iPhone and it would then connect immediately to the Iridium GO! Unit.
--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380

Detroit, Michigan