Topics

Is there a valve for the water intake for the washing machine?

Willem Kroes

Hello dear Amelians,

Finaly on board again of my SM in Greece,

I want to start sailing today, but there appeared a small problem.

The inlet valve of the washing machine will not close for 100%.  So I looked for a valve in the water intake line. I can't find it. Is there a valve (like the one for the dish washer; this one is easy to see)?

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM#351 KAVANGA

Preveza, Greece

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

He Wilhelm ,
i think you find the valve for the wasching maschien under the last

under the last floor board in the kitchen under the gasoven

Best Elja SM Balu 222
On the way to Levkas

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Willem Kroes

Hi Elja,

Thank you for your fast reaction. I looked, but there is nothing under the gasoven or under the adjecent floor board. May be the Amel yard changed the piping infrastructure on later SM's.

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM#351 KAVANGA

now underway to Menidion

Later model SM2ks had the following (photo from the Users Manual):
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 7:27 AM Willem Kroes <kavanga@...> wrote:
Hi Elja,

Thank you for your fast reaction. I looked, but there is nothing under the gasoven or under the adjecent floor board. May be the Amel yard changed the piping infrastructure on later SM's.

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM#351 KAVANGA

now underway to Menidion

Willem Kroes

Thank you Bill,

I found the valve behind the cleaning stuff. I did not expect it on this side,but must admid that I failed to consult the manual.

Anyway, the problem is solved (also with the water intake valve at the washing machine side).

I am very happyt to be on my boat again after so many months of lock down. The Greek authorities made a great leap foreward with their digital system. There are also some very reliable Greek websites for updates on the Covid-19-situation in Greece, like this one:
https://www.atoz-guides.com/coronavirus-in-greece-update/

Thanks again and stay healthy!

Willem Kroes

SM#351 KAVANGA

now at anchor near Menidion Greece

karkauai

Along the same lines, I had a sink faucet fail last year, and had no way to shut water off to one faucet.  On my list is to put a shutoff valve on every faucet.  I didn't know there was a shutoff valve for the washer.  Gotta find that.

Kent
Sm243
Kristy

On Jul 11, 2020 1:23 PM, Willem Kroes <kavanga@...> wrote:
Thank you Bill,

I found the valve behind the cleaning stuff. I did not expect it on this side,but must admid that I failed to consult the manual.

Anyway, the problem is solved (also with the water intake valve at the washing machine side).

I am very happyt to be on my boat again after so many months of lock down. The Greek authorities made a great leap foreward with their digital system. There are also some very reliable Greek websites for updates on the Covid-19-situation in Greece, like this one:
https://www.atoz-guides.com/coronavirus-in-greece-update/

Thanks again and stay healthy!

Willem Kroes

SM#351 KAVANGA

now at anchor near Menidion Greece

Kent,

I purposefully said, "Later model SM2ks had the following (photo from the Users Manual)"

I have no idea when the cut-off valve was added by Amel, but I have seen some SMs that did not have one.

Bill

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 9:13 AM karkauai via groups.io <karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Bill and Kent.

SM 299 has a shut off valves for both the washing machine and the dishwasher below and behind the stove.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

Mangonui New Zealand

On 13 July 2020 at 02:32 CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Danny and Bill.  I'll look under the stove, don't think I have ever been in there.

Are the piping to the sinks all PEX fittings?  Anybody know the size of the fittings?

Kent
SM243
Kristy

+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...

[...]

The SM does not have any PEX fittings. Amel started PEX with the 54

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 6:58 PM karkauai via groups.io <karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Bill.
Kent