Jib Car Pulley Replacement

Vicki Bennett

Hi Amel Family,

Does anyone know where we can get the Jib Car Pulley Replacements we've email the details that were supplied with the boat but no re reply.
--
Jarrod & Vicki Bennett
SM2 #332 Jarricki

Bill Kinney

Jarrod & Vikki,

I assume you mean the sheave that the genoa sheet runs under.  The Super Maramu jib cars were made by Antal.  The longer length car with tow points both front and back is not a standard catalog item from Antal, but it does have a part number in their system, and we have been able to get unique parts for it.

The pulley, however, is the same as their standard jib car and you should not have trouble once you get the right person and can send them a photo and measurements. We have had difficulty getting unusual parts through the US distributer for Antal.  Basically, it has to go to Italy to sort it out.  Hopefully you have an easier time of it down under...

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Port Louis, Grenada
http://www.cruisingconsulting.com

Flávio Ubatuba

Hi Jarrod and Vicki,

If the attached image is the part you need, we recently ordered Genoa (Jib) cars from Euro Marine Trading.  The cars are manufactured by Antal in Italy and Euro Marine Trading are a distributor.

The last image is of the original Genoa car on our yacht and image 1 and 2 are of the cars we have ordered.

Contact details;
Siebe

siebe@...

623.592C

Genoa lead car

For 40 x 8 mm T-track

Customized with towing eye on both sides

No stop pin

Hope this info is helpful. I originally got this info on the Amel Yacht owners Facebook group.

Kind Regards,
Rochelle & Flàvio Ubatuba
SM #244
S/ Y Jomaro
Raby Bay, Queensland

Snippet from my book. Thanks to Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> for stepping up and making these.

image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 6:28 PM Bill Kinney <cruisingconsulting@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bill,

I’ve emailed him.

Kind regards,

Vicki Bennett
Jarricki
SMK2 #332

On 17 Aug 2022, at 10:55 pm, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Rochelle,

Thanks for that, but it appears I had the wrong part name. Bill Rouse has sent through the contact for this part.

Wow just notice you're in Raby Bay, be nice to catch up one day on the bay.

Kind regards,

Vicki Bennett
SM2K #332
Jarricki
Raby Bay, Queensland

On 17 Aug 2022, at 1:43 pm, Flávio Ubatuba <sv-ubatuba@...> wrote:

[...]

<Image.jpeg><Image.jpeg><Image.jpeg>

--
Jarrod & Vicki Bennett
SM2 #332 Jarricki

Flávio Ubatuba

Hi Vicki,

Actually, you had the right part name, but as there wasn't a photo on the initial post I wasn't sure which part you were referring too and thought I'd send some info on what I had for the jib car. Apologies.

Oh wow! We are anchored out in the bay so will likely see you around sometime soon.

Kind Regards,
Rochelle & Flàvio Ubatuba
SM #244
S/ Y Jomaro