Topics

Jimmy Cornell - Crossing the Atlantic via ZOOM and YouTube - Sat, 10/10/2020 20:00-21:00, Please RSVP #cal-reminder

main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

Reminder: Jimmy Cornell - Crossing the Atlantic via ZOOM and YouTube

When: Saturday, 10 October 2020, 20:00 to 21:00, (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:Internet ZOOM

Organizer: Bill Rouse brouse@... +18323804970

Jimmy Cornell has influenced the contemporary cruising scene more than any other sailor. An accomplished sailor, public speaker and author, he has sailed over 200,000 miles in all oceans of the world including three circumnavigations as well as voyages to Antarctica and the Northwest Passage.

Thousands of sailors have fulfilled their dream of blue water cruising with the help of Jimmy Cornell’s books, among them the international bestseller World Cruising Routes. Now in its 8th edition, and with over 200,000 copies sold to date, this is one of the best selling nautical publications in the world.

As the founder of the highly successful ARC transatlantic rally, Jimmy Cornell is credited with having devised the offshore cruising rally concept. In the last four decades, Jimmy Cornell has organized 38 transatlantic rallies, five round the world rallies, and one round the world race, with over 3,000 boats and 15,000 sailors having participated in his sailing events.

From my perspective, the first Jimmy Cornell seminar that Judy and I attended was after we had sailed most of the world and had over 20 years of sailing experience. We learned a lot!

We are very pleased that Jimmy has taken time out of his very busy schedule to give a special ZOOM presentation to the Amel Yacht Owners Group. I encourage you to RSVP soon for this meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://epfl.zoom.us/j/93483973572

Meeting ID: 934 8397 3572

YouTube Live Stream:
https://youtu.be/Hj79q2vez5c

CW Bill Rouse

Gene

Thanks for putting this together

Gene and Delores on Stargazer

On Friday, October 9, 2020, 1:03 PM, main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Calendar <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> wrote:

[...]

From my perspective, the first Jimmy Cornell seminar that Judy and I attended was after we had sailed most of the world and had over 20 years of sailing experience. We learned a lot!

We are very pleased that Jimmy has taken time out of his very busy schedule to give a special ZOOM presentation to the Amel Yacht Owners Group. I encourage you to RSVP soon for this meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://epfl.zoom.us/j/9348397 3572

Meeting ID: 934 8397 3572

YouTube Live Stream:
https://youtu.be/Hj79q2vez5c

CW Bill Rouse

Brent Cameron

Agreed, it was a very good presentation.  Thanks Bill and Tilo for putting this together.

Brent

On Oct 10, 2020, 5:42 PM -0400, Gene via groups.io <geneccarter@...>, wrote:
[...]

From my perspective, the first Jimmy Cornell seminar that Judy and I attended was after we had sailed most of the world and had over 20 years of sailing experience. We learned a lot!

--