Laden Washing Machine power problem?

Kevin Schmit

Dear Amelians,

Successfully completed two complete wash loads and went to do a third and noticed no power to the washing machine.  I checked the circuit breaker on the 220 volt panel and not tripped, I reset anyways.  I checked the primary 220 volt master breaker inside the cabinet (lift up door), not tripped but reset that one as well.  I confirmed the washing machine was plugged into the wall outlet but I notice the green light on the plug is not illuminated.  It appears that washing machine outlet has no power.  Is there another breaker located somewhere that I have not found for that outlet?

Thanks,
--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Newport, RI

Mark Erdos

I am not aware of another breaker after the panel. Suggest you follow the wire from the breaker panel to the washer with one of these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Dual-Range-Non-Contact-Voltage-Tester-with-Flashlight-12-Volt-to-1000-Volt-AC-NCVT-3PR/312665549#overlay

klein-tools-voltage-tester-ncvt-3pr-64

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Schmit
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2021 9:34 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Laden Washing Machine power problem?

Dear Amelians,

Successfully completed two complete wash loads and went to do a third and noticed no power to the washing machine.  I checked the circuit breaker on the 220 volt panel and not tripped, I reset anyways.  I checked the primary 220 volt master breaker inside the cabinet (lift up door), not tripped but reset that one as well.  I confirmed the washing machine was plugged into the wall outlet but I notice the green light on the plug is not illuminated.  It appears that washing machine outlet has no power.  Is there another breaker located somewhere that I have not found for that outlet?

Thanks,
--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Newport, RI

Alain Blanchard

Hugh K & K
Sorry to ask but are you at the port and in that case it might be the dock n’étaler !

Alain
Koriolys 
SM 146
France

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 13 juin 2021 à 22:33, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> a écrit :

I am not aware of another breaker after the panel. Suggest you follow the wire from the breaker panel to the washer with one of these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Dual-Range-Non-Contact-Voltage-Tester-with-Flashlight-12-Volt-to-1000-Volt-AC-NCVT-3PR/312665549#overlay

<image003.jpg>

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Schmit

Dear Amelians,

Thanks,
--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Newport, RI

Alain Blanchard

Sorry but French auto correct.
Dock Breaker 

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 13 juin 2021 à 23:09, Alain Blanchard <akdf85@...> a écrit :

Hugh K & K
Sorry to ask but are you at the port and in that case it might be the dock n’étaler !

Alain
Koriolys 
SM 146
France

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 13 juin 2021 à 22:33, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> a écrit :

<image003.jpg>

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Dear Amelians,

Thanks,
--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Newport, RI

Kevin if you are using shore power in Newport, it is 60 hertz and will ruin the washer. 

There is no other breaker, except for the main 220-volt breaker and the main breaker on the side of the Onan. If you are not using shore power you might unplug the washer from inside the adjacent cabinet and with an extension cord, use one of the other sockets in the galley.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 2:34 PM Kevin Schmit <kevschmit64@...> wrote:
Dear Amelians,

Successfully completed two complete wash loads and went to do a third and noticed no power to the washing machine.  I checked the circuit breaker on the 220 volt panel and not tripped, I reset anyways.  I checked the primary 220 volt master breaker inside the cabinet (lift up door), not tripped but reset that one as well.  I confirmed the washing machine was plugged into the wall outlet but I notice the green light on the plug is not illuminated.  It appears that washing machine outlet has no power.  Is there another breaker located somewhere that I have not found for that outlet?

Thanks,
--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Newport, RI

Kevin Schmit

Sorry….I forgot to clarify that we were doing laundry on the hook using the generator.

I also checked the breaker on the genset as well.

--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362

Kevin Schmit

Update: I’ve been able to confirm I do have power to that outlet.

Now to open up the back of the washing machine to see if I can ascertain why the unit won’t power on.

More to come…

Kevin

--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362