Lewmar winch service kit

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi all,

I would like to find out which service kit I need for the headsail winches on A54. I’m not on the boat at present and cannot recall what size these are. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98
tel: +44 (0)7710 466619

web:
https://my.yb.tl/yafohi

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Hi Paul,, Happy New Year, and fair winds!

there is a standard Lewmar service kit available, not so cheap, containing spare springs and pawls, oil and grease in a tube, brushes, also an instruction paper for dismantling, greasing and retro fitting.

You are more clever, to buy only the pawls and springs as genuine spares and use a speciall marine grease for winches in a can, (you´ll need more than in the Lewmar tube), and also thin marine oil for the pawls (only for them).
different brushes and kerosine for cleaning you have already on board, I presume. google also for the genuine Lewmar service and maintenance instruction paper. Easy like all this service.

Best Regards
Ulrich
S/Y „Soleil Bleu“ / A54#088

Am 06.01.2022 um 13:07 schrieb Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...>:

Hi all,

I would like to find out which service kit I need for the headsail winches on A54. I’m not on the boat at present and cannot recall what size these are. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown
S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98
web: 

-- 
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Paul,

Assuming that you have the original Bamar MEJ 1.02 furlers that were standard on your A54 #98, look at the highlighted items on page 53 of the following MEJ Use & Maintenance Manual.

Amel installed a heavier-duty MEJ 2.02 on some of the last A54s, but I do not know the exact hull number involved in this upgrade. I do not think it was as low as #98.
Bill

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 6:44 AM Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer <ulrich.dangelmeyer@...> wrote:

there is a standard Lewmar service kit available, not so cheap, containing spare springs and pawls, oil and grease in a tube, brushes, also an instruction paper for dismantling, greasing and retro fitting.

You are more clever, to buy only the pawls and springs as genuine spares and use a speciall marine grease for winches in a can, (you´ll need more than in the Lewmar tube), and also thin marine oil for the pawls (only for them).
different brushes and kerosine for cleaning you have already on board, I presume. google also for the genuine Lewmar service and maintenance instruction paper. Easy like all this service.

Best Regards
Ulrich

Hi all,

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown
S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98
web: 

-- 
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Thank you Ulrich, and Happy New Year! I’ll try your advice. Would you know which model the genoa winches are?

From the Lewmar manual below. I’m thinking it’s a 54ST ??

16ST/30ST/40ST 8-12mm 5/16’’ - 1/2’’

44ST/48ST 8-14mm 5/16’’ - 9/16’’

50ST/54ST 8-16mm 5/16’’ - 5/8’’

58ST/64ST 8-18mm 5/16’’ - 11/16’’

66ST 12-22mm 1/2’’ - 7/8’’

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98

web:

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer
Sent: 06 January 2022 13:44
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lewmar winch service kit

Best Regards

Ulrich

Hi all,

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98

web: 

-- 
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Dear Paul,

on „Soleil Bleu“ (hull no 088 from 2008) we have 
both Lewmar 58 electric winches for the genoa /main headsail
and Lewmar 46 manual winches for the stay sail / jib.

just had a look into my boat pic doku.
Hope this helps.

all the Best.
Ulrich.

Am 06.01.2022 um 16:45 schrieb Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...>:

Thank you Ulrich, and Happy New Year! I’ll try your advice. Would you know which model the genoa winches are?

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown
S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98
web: 

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer
Sent: 06 January 2022 13:44
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lewmar winch service kit

Best Regards
Ulrich

Hi all,

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown
S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98
web: 

-- 
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

-- 
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Thank Ulrich, a great help.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98

web:

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer
Sent: 06 January 2022 17:34
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lewmar winch service kit

Dear Paul,

on „Soleil Bleu“ (hull no 088 from 2008) we have 

both Lewmar 58 electric winches for the genoa /main headsail

and Lewmar 46 manual winches for the stay sail / jib.

just had a look into my boat pic doku.

Hope this helps.

all the Best.

Ulrich.

Am 06.01.2022 um 16:45 schrieb Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...>:

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98

web: 

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer
Sent: 06 January 2022 13:44
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lewmar winch service kit

Best Regards

Ulrich

Hi all,

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Dowd & Sharon Brown

S/Y Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98

web: 

-- 
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--