Lithium Battery BMS

Willem Kroes

Juan,

I bought 8 Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries (LifePO4) of 100 Ah at 12V with built-in BMS modules from Shenzen Yinkai Power Technology Co., Ltd. Website: www.yinkaipower.com.

These batteries were/are almost drop-in replacements. Almost, because they are a little higher than the lead-acid batteries Amel used. Dimensions: 329 x 171 x 235 mm. I had to cut off a few millimeters from the bar under the lid of the battery compartment (the bar that prevents upward movements of the batteries).

I paid by the end of 2016 USD 4.373 for the 8 batteries plus 2 extra BMS plus 2 extra empty cases excluded VAT and import duties, but shipping cost included. Since then prices have gone down. I don’t know if Yinkai Power is still selling the 100 Ah battery, but there are a lot of other companies in the Shenzen area to sell these. For example: Polinovel 12v 100ah lithium ion battery manufacturer.

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM #351 Kavanga

Now in Licate on Sicily

Juan de Zulueta

Willem,

I know about the Chinese battery option which is extremely cheap compare to a more integrated solution. But since my boat is in the Caribbean at the moment I am looking for a solution I can buy there.
I am looking for a solution which can be integrated with my existing équipent.
I got a quote for 2 batteries Mastervolt
24 volts 200 ah each MLI 5500 for a total of 8000 us in Sint Marteen (no tax)
This solution could be fully integrated with my Mastervolt alternator and my two battery chargers.
I still need to check for availability…
I have not yet made my mind…

Envoyé de mon iPhone

--