Topics

Location of the fuse for the chain washing pump requested

Willem Kroes

Dear Amelians,

A few months ago I changed on my SM 2k the light (the whole unit plus light) for the LPG switch on the 24 V panel. It is almost in the middle of the panel and difficult to get it fixed. On one moment there was a short, but I did not see any problems afterwards then.  Later on I discovered the chain washing pump was not working (also no light). So I suppose the short did blow the fuse of the pump or switch. Does anyone knows the location of this fuse?

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM2K #351 KAVANGA

now in the Ionian in Greece

Find this box in the engine room and you have found the circuit breaker for the anchor wash:
image.png
Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 2:05 PM Willem Kroes <kavanga@...> wrote:
Dear Amelians,

A few months ago I changed on my SM 2k the light (the whole unit plus light) for the LPG switch on the 24 V panel. It is almost in the middle of the panel and difficult to get it fixed. On one moment there was a short, but I did not see any problems afterwards then.  Later on I discovered the chain washing pump was not working (also no light). So I suppose the short did blow the fuse of the pump or switch. Does anyone knows the location of this fuse?

Best regards,

Willem Kroes

SM2K #351 KAVANGA

now in the Ionian in Greece

rossirossix4

Hi Willem,
As Bill points out the circuit breaker is with the other 24V breakers in the engine room.  If the pump still does not work try rotating it manually for a few rotations--this happened to us a few years ago and that solved the problem--for 4 years so far.  Unlike the AC pump, this is not done with a screw driver inserted into a hole at the back of the pump.  While there is a Phillips head screw in the middle axis at the back of the chain washer pump, it is just a case screw.  To rotate the pump, insert a thin screw driver through the rear vent slots and rotate the shaft via the internal fan blades.  Like the other pumps, hoses and exchangers it is a good idea to flush these with fresh water after use and during storage. Salt-A-Way or similar products can help with deposits and prevent corrosion during non-use or storage.
Bob and Suzanne, KAIMI SM429

Willem Kroes

Thanks Bill. I found the fuse in the engine compartment. "eau mer" was out. I pushed in 'in' and switching it on the light of the chain washing pump went on for a second or 4 and then the fuse came out again. Is it possible that the pump is frozen by salt deposits as Bob and Suzanne suggested?

Best regards,

Willem

SM#351 KAVANGA

Willem Kroes

Hi Bob and Suzanne,

Thanks for the info. I just answered Bill that I found the fuse in the engine compartment. "eau mer" was out. I pushed in 'in' and switching it on the light of the chain washing pump went on for a second or 4 and then the fuse came out again.

So may be it is possible that the pump is frozen by salt deposits as you suggested. Do I have to remove the casing of the pump before I can reach the vent blades?

So I have to find the pump. I will check the manual.

Best regards,

Willem

SM#351 KAVANGA

Two possibilities:
1.) The motor is not turning because of some physical or electrical issue.
2.) The OEM pump does not have a pressure switch. If the pressure side of the water line is blocked, the breaker will open.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St