Topics

Lock downs on floor boards

Joerg Esdorn
 

I have been wondering how to install lock downs on the floor boards of my 55 so they cannot open in extreme conditions.  Has anyone installed them and could share a picture and make and model fittings used?  Many thanks!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem

karkauai
 

I'd also like to hear how SM owners have installed lock-downs on the floor lockers.

Thanks
Kent and Iris
SM 243
Kristy
Leaving Georgetown Exumas for T&C, then Martinique in the next 24 hours.

On Feb 18, 2020 10:11 AM, "Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io" <jhe1313@...> wrote:
I have been wondering how to install lock downs on the floor boards of my 55 so they cannot open in extreme conditions.  Has anyone installed them and could share a picture and make and model fittings used?  Many thanks!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem

Germain Jean-Pierre
 

Hi gang, 

The new owner of SM444 can possibly give you some info. 

IIRC, the PO of 444 had locks on his floor panels

Jean-Pierre Germain 
SY Eleuthera SM 007 NZ


On 19/02/2020, at 2:31 PM, karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai@...> wrote:


I'd also like to hear how SM owners have installed lock-downs on the floor lockers.

Thanks
Kent and Iris
SM 243
Kristy
Leaving Georgetown Exumas for T&C, then Martinique in the next 24 hours.

On Feb 18, 2020 10:11 AM, "Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io" <jhe1313@...> wrote:
I have been wondering how to install lock downs on the floor boards of my 55 so they cannot open in extreme conditions.  Has anyone installed them and could share a picture and make and model fittings used?  Many thanks!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem

Ken Powers SV Aquarius
 

Here are some photos of the two lock-downs on our floor boards.

Aquarius
SM2K #262
Currently in Thailand

On 2/19/20, Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
Hi gang,

The new owner of SM444 can possibly give you some info.

IIRC, the PO of 444 had locks on his floor panels

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera SM 007 NZ
On 19/02/2020, at 2:31 PM, karkauai via Groups.Io
<karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


I'd also like to hear how SM owners have installed lock-downs on the floor
lockers.

Thanks
Kent and Iris
SM 243
Kristy
Leaving Georgetown Exumas for T&C, then Martinique in the next 24 hours.

On Feb 18, 2020 10:11 AM, "Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io"
<jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been wondering how to install lock downs on the floor boards of my
55 so they cannot open in extreme conditions. Has anyone installed them
and could share a picture and make and model fittings used? Many thanks!

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem



Germain Jean-Pierre
 

Hi Gang,

Our friends Ken and Zeville on SM2K Aquarius sent us this. Their floor boards were built like this at the factory

Cheers

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera 




Begin forwarded message:

From: Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>
Date: 20 February 2020 at 5:20:16 AM NZDT
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re:  [AmelYachtOwners] Lock downs on floor boards
Reply-To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Here are photos of the Lock Downs on Aquarius.

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K #262


 

JP, Ken, et al

None of the other hundred or more SMs that I have been aboard had PERKO latches. Perco is a Florida company. If anyone is interested in the latches shown in the photos that were added to this SM, here is the contact information:
Perko Inc.
16490 Northwest 13th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33169-5707
305.621.7525 [Phone]

I am not sure where in Europe Amel sourced the latches that Amel optionally installed on SMs. Regarding the installation of floor latches/locks, I have always believed that having the floor hatches locked in case of a roll inverting the boat would be the least of my worries. That said, BeBe SM 387 had Amel installed latches and they were not Perko.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ


On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 1:20 PM Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
Hi Gang,

Our friends Ken and Zeville on SM2K Aquarius sent us this. Their floor boards were built like this at the factory

Cheers

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera 




Begin forwarded message:

From: Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>
Date: 20 February 2020 at 5:20:16 AM NZDT
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re:  [AmelYachtOwners] Lock downs on floor boards
Reply-To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Here are photos of the Lock Downs on Aquarius.

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K #262


Germain Jean-Pierre
 

Hello Bill et al,

These latches were installed by Amel at the yard during the build.  (Sometimes... Amel did some customisation to get a sale)

The first owner was a Luxemburger (Jean-Pierre Friedrich) and when he ordered, he was either on his second or third Amel; apparently, the yard hid the boat to prevent Mr Henri from seeing what the marketing people had agreed to do beyond normal in order to secure the sale.  The original owner was also looking at an HR unless he got some changes accepted.

For instance, the single in the salon is in fact a double on this boat.  Additionally, all watertight doors are reinforced substantially and have large internal locks to prevent cabin access in event of an unfriendly boarding.

Add this one to your unusual anecdotes at Amel.

For other options, reach out to the new owner of 444... he has latched floor boards.  Done in Europe to a very high standard.

BTW, Aquarius is lovely

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007, NZ


On 20 Feb 2020, at 09:23, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:


JP, Ken, et al
Hé single 
None of the other hundred or more SMs that I have been aboard had PERKO latches. Perco is a Florida companyring . If anyone is interested in the latches shown in the photos that were added to this SM, here is the contact information:
Perko Inc.
16490 Northwest 13th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33169-5707
305.621.7525 [Phone]

I am not sure where in Europe Amel sourced the latches that Amel optionally installed on SMs. Regarding the installation of floor latches/locks, I have always believed that having the floor hatches locked in case of a roll inverting the boat would be the least of my worries. That said, BeBe SM 387 had Amel installed latches and they were not Perko.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ


On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 1:20 PM Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
Hi Gang,

Our friends Ken and Zeville on SM2K Aquarius sent us this. Their floor boards were built like this at the factory

Cheers

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera 




Begin forwarded message:

From: Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>
Date: 20 February 2020 at 5:20:16 AM NZDT
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re:  [AmelYachtOwners] Lock downs on floor boards
Reply-To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Here are photos of the Lock Downs on Aquarius.

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K #262


<HookedHere.jpg>
<ClosedLatch.jpg>
<OpenLatch.jpg>
<UnderSide.jpg>

Germain Jean-Pierre
 

Hi Joel,

Disagreeing is good for communications.

However, what I wrote is a true anecdote to which you were obviously not a party.

`Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, NZ


On 20 Feb 2020, at 13:06, amelforme <jfpottercys@...> wrote:

Bill, categorically and assuredly, those lock downs were installed by a beaver with bad teeth. JP is always so full of crap and leads folks down his errant path. I cannot afford to piss him and his support group off so I leave it alone but I can tell you, absolutely that Amel did not install those lock downs. Justification # 1, why have key locks inside a boat with a locked companionway? Need I say more?  Everyone named JP is an *** ****.

JOEL F. POTTER
CRUISING YACHT SPECIALIST LLC
THE EXPERIENCED AMEL GUY
Office 954-462-5869 

On Feb 19, 2020, at 3:24 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:


JP, Ken, et al

None of the other hundred or more SMs that I have been aboard had PERKO latches. Perco is a Florida company. If anyone is interested in the latches shown in the photos that were added to this SM, here is the contact information:
Perko Inc.
16490 Northwest 13th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33169-5707
305.621.7525 [Phone]

I am not sure where in Europe Amel sourced the latches that Amel optionally installed on SMs. Regarding the installation of floor latches/locks, I have always believed that having the floor hatches locked in case of a roll inverting the boat would be the least of my worries. That said, BeBe SM 387 had Amel installed latches and they were not Perko.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ


On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 1:20 PM Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
Hi Gang,

Our friends Ken and Zeville on SM2K Aquarius sent us this. Their floor boards were built like this at the factory

Cheers

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera 




Begin forwarded message:

From: Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>
Date: 20 February 2020 at 5:20:16 AM NZDT
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re:  [AmelYachtOwners] Lock downs on floor boards
Reply-To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Here are photos of the Lock Downs on Aquarius.

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K #262


<HookedHere.jpg>
<ClosedLatch.jpg>
<OpenLatch.jpg>
<UnderSide.jpg>

CARINA HAMMARLUND
 

Hi all & Bill,

I recommend that this kind of conversation and personal opinion of a fellow Amel owner Is kept out of this forum.

This is obviously a matter between the two persons and are better kept on a private level, since it add no value to the rest of us

Lets keep a good tone to each other,
--
Carina
SV Ultimo
Amel 54 No 165

Patrick McAneny
 

Seems odd that Amel would not use a flush latch,the pics show what looks like a pain in toe.
Pat
SM#123


-----Original Message-----
From: amelforme <jfpottercys@...>
To: main <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 7:06 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lock downs on floor boards

Bill, categorically and assuredly, those lock downs were installed by a beaver with bad teeth. JP is always so full of crap and leads folks down his errant path. I cannot afford to piss him and his support group off so I leave it alone but I can tell you, absolutely that Amel did not install those lock downs. Justification # 1, why have key locks inside a boat with a locked companionway? Need I say more?  Everyone named JP is an *** ****.

JOEL F. POTTER
CRUISING YACHT SPECIALIST LLC
THE EXPERIENCED AMEL GUY
Office 954-462-5869 

On Feb 19, 2020, at 3:24 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:


JP, Ken, et al

None of the other hundred or more SMs that I have been aboard had PERKO latches. Perco is a Florida company. If anyone is interested in the latches shown in the photos that were added to this SM, here is the contact information:
Perko Inc.
16490 Northwest 13th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33169-5707
305.621.7525 [Phone]

I am not sure where in Europe Amel sourced the latches that Amel optionally installed on SMs. Regarding the installation of floor latches/locks, I have always believed that having the floor hatches locked in case of a roll inverting the boat would be the least of my worries. That said, BeBe SM 387 had Amel installed latches and they were not Perko.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ


On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 1:20 PM Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
Hi Gang,

Our friends Ken and Zeville on SM2K Aquarius sent us this. Their floor boards were built like this at the factory

Cheers

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera 




Begin forwarded message:

From: Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>
Date: 20 February 2020 at 5:20:16 AM NZDT
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re:  [AmelYachtOwners] Lock downs on floor boards
Reply-To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io

Here are photos of the Lock Downs on Aquarius.

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K #262


<HookedHere.jpg>
<ClosedLatch.jpg>
<OpenLatch.jpg>
<UnderSide.jpg>