Lofrans Tigres rubber up/down switch

Kevin Schmit

Afternoon folks,
My rubber up/down switch on my windlass has a perforation in the rubber switch cover.  I reached out to Imtra (NA distributor for Lofrans) and they hadn’t seen that switch mounted on a Lofrans windlass before.  They suspect some sort of custom retrofit.  I have seen this same switch on other SM’s before.
Am looking to source some parts for a proper repair.

Any leads?

--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Clearance between the switch bottoms and the electric motor is tight. Finding the right switches can be difficult. If your switches are still good, the rubber boot from any push button switch can be installed. These are often cheap enough to make it worth buying one just for the rubber boot. Sometimes you can source just the rubber boot switch covers, but this is also difficult.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
NZ

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021, 8:23 AM Kevin Schmit <kevschmit64@...> wrote:
Afternoon folks,
My rubber up/down switch on my windlass has a perforation in the rubber switch cover.  I reached out to Imtra (NA distributor for Lofrans) and they hadn’t seen that switch mounted on a Lofrans windlass before.  They suspect some sort of custom retrofit.  I have seen this same switch on other SM’s before.
Am looking to source some parts for a proper repair.

Any leads?

--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Brunswick, GA USA

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hello Kevin and Mike,

If I remember correctly this modification was performed by Amel to avoid having to install deck mounted foot switches.

To preserve the integrity of those rubber caps Endo switch is below I had a cover made for the windlass. Works perfectly and the end addition reduces the amount of water which goes down the hawse pipe when tackling big seas.

Cheers

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM007, Opua

On 16 Nov 2021, at 08:30, Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy) <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:

[...]

<A86DF431-9474-441B-A2CC-10264F07D7CA.jpeg>

--
Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA

<A86DF431-9474-441B-A2CC-10264F07D7CA.jpeg>

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222