Topics

Lubricants, Sealants, etc. & thanks to Bill Kinney

All,

Most of you know Bill Kinney. He is aboard SM #160 Harmonie with Karen Smith. He hasn't posted to the group lately, and I mentioned that to him recently. About a week ago, I ran into Bill and Karen when I went to dinner in Ft Lauderdale with mutual friends, Jeremie and Diane Mailloux, A54 #45 LEMA. I had a great time with this diverse group.

Anyway, to my point. Bill found something better than Trident Silicone grease, which I recommend for O rings, etc. Bill's find is made by DOW and is MOLYKOTE. It is very similar to Trident, except that it is much thicker and stickier. After recommending Trident for well over 10 years, I have switched my recommendation to MOLYKOTE. BTW, it is especially good for mounting an O Ring vertically like when working on a Jabsco "Not So Quiet" Macerator Pump. If you have owned an Amel with electric flush for longer than 6 months, you know what I mean!😀

I have included a page from my book on recommended Lubricants, Sealants, etc. Note the little Amazon "a." All, but one of these is available on Amazon.

Lubricants, Sealants, etc. for Extreme Marine Environments.jpg
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

Mark Erdos

I have used Molykote on the water-maker to lube the seals for assembly. Good stuff!

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Galapagos

www.creampuff.us

[...]

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.Image removed by sender.

View My Training Calendar

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender. cloudHQ