Main Furling unit

Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378

Hi All,
          Our main furling gearbox is completed seized upon stripping the unit we found the taper bearing has completely disintegrated despite regular greasing and thus the gearbox needs an overhaul.

I am in the process of trying to remove and replace the bearings and seals, but I would like to put a new one on and keep the  old one as spare, does anyone know if these are standard furling units  and if so where can I purchase one or are these specific to Amel?.

Also can anyone please confirm bearing part numbers .

Regards

Steve

s/v Dusk

SM#378

Did you try SAV@...

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 11:36 AM Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378 via groups.io <stevect=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,
          Our main furling gearbox is completed seized upon stripping the unit we found the taper bearing has completely disintegrated despite regular greasing and thus the gearbox needs an overhaul.

I am in the process of trying to remove and replace the bearings and seals, but I would like to put a new one on and keep the  old one as spare, does anyone know if these are standard furling units  and if so where can I purchase one or are these specific to Amel?.

Also can anyone please confirm bearing part numbers .

Regards

Steve

s/v Dusk

SM#378

Steve Bell s/y Dusk SM378

Hi Bill ,
            Yes  I am in communication with Maude tks

regards

steve