main outhaul

Eloi Bamberg

Hello,
My main outhaul gearbox looks rather "used". I tried to remove the shaft to replace it. But it seems impossible with my straight jaw puller. I put on the max force I can but it doesn't move. Any idea/hint what to do to loosen it up?

Eloi,
SM2K 426 RedLion

Yes.

The following file is from my Amel Book Supplemental Files, and is what will make that job simple:

This is another puller that will also work. The below image is a snippet of one-half of a page from my Amel Book.

image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 5:17 AM Eloi Bamberg <eloi.bamberg@...> wrote:
Hello,
My main outhaul gearbox looks rather "used". I tried to remove the shaft to replace it. But it seems impossible with my straight jaw puller. I put on the max force I can but it doesn't move. Any idea/hint what to do to loosen it up?

Eloi,
SM2K 426 RedLion

Eloi Bamberg

Hello Bill,
As You know, I own your great book. At the moment I only have a jaw puller. Where can I buy one of those axel pullers, I didn`t find anything similar.

regards,
Eloi

Eloi,

This was made originally by Alban LEROY with Amel in Martinique. It has been made by more than one of my clients using a local machine shop.

If you noticed this card in the file I previously attached, Scotty Robinson<wescon13@...> made several sets of these and I believe have them in stock.