Topics

Main sail outhaul Motorspor

Kaplan,Andre

Mark
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did check the breaker.. it was not tripped, but it may be suspect since it had been replaced...
I’m not on the boat today, but I will take photos next week. Unfortunately, I can hear a click when I throw the switch... by your assessment, it may be the motor... if so, does anyone know where and how to get a replacement motor? Must it come from Amel or is there a standard motor that can be used as replacement.

BTW, I always try to limit strain on motor by heading into the wind during furling or unfurling mainsail.

Thanks for any suggestions on motor replacement.

Boat lies in Westbrook, CT

Andre
Renaissance 2000
Mango 71, 1988

On May 17, 2020, at 2:21 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

*** Attention: This is an external email. Use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking on links. ***

Andre,

I am unsure if the solenoid is the same on the Mango as the SM. If it is, it
is a product used in forklift trucks. This should help you find one (not
sure where you are located). Perhaps you can post a picture.

That said, it is not usually the solenoid that fails. They are extremely
heavy duty. More often the motor burns out due to the operator putting too
much strain on it. If you hear a click as you work the outhaul switch on the
control panel, it is not the solenoid.

Stating the obvious, have you checked the breaker?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.creampuff.us__;!!N0rdg9Wr!_jfC8TlOKSYZuv_1Syg0ZKXhUrJXC8xanwngc1sf7FudMOEIRLMZFtx284jF3o8$