Maintenance spreadsheet or software

Kevin Schmit

I posted this on FB as well so my apologies for the duplicate post….

-- I’m looking to improve my preventative & scheduled maintenance of my on board systems on our Amel SM.  Does anyone use an .XL based spreadsheet to track, plan and schedule necessary maintenance on all the different systems?  I’m envisioning a multi tab spreadsheet that separates by each system(ie generator, propulsion engine, running rigging, electric furlers etc…). It would be cool if it provided auto reminders of upcoming items needing attention.  I anxious to hear what others are using to try to stay ahead of scheduled preventative maintenance.

Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Currently in Riviera Beach, FL

Kevin,

I have some spreadsheets I'll send you.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021, 16:08 Kevin Schmit <kevschmit64@...> wrote:
I posted this on FB as well so my apologies for the duplicate post….

-- I’m looking to improve my preventative & scheduled maintenance of my on board systems on our Amel SM.  Does anyone use an .XL based spreadsheet to track, plan and schedule necessary maintenance on all the different systems?  I’m envisioning a multi tab spreadsheet that separates by each system(ie generator, propulsion engine, running rigging, electric furlers etc…). It would be cool if it provided auto reminders of upcoming items needing attention.  I anxious to hear what others are using to try to stay ahead of scheduled preventative maintenance.

Kevin & Kristen Schmit
KIANA
SM #362
Currently in Riviera Beach, FL

Bill Shaproski

Here's the spreadsheet I used on my 1995 Amel SM.  Once you set up all the parameters (e.g. engine hrs or calendar time between oil changes) it automatically tells you the next scheduled check.  It worked well for me.  If you have questions, call or text me at 206-375-2787.
Bill Shaproski
Pacific Cool SM 141

--
Bill Shaproski
Cell:  +1-206-375-2787

Mike Ondra

Here is an Excel maintenance log we’ve used on Aletes. The pluses and minuses used to expand and contract the individual system components.

Mike

Former caretaker of Aletes sm240

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore. Dream. Discover.

- Mark Twain

On Dec 5, 2021, at 4:29 PM, Bill Shaproski <bill.shaproski@...> wrote:

[...]

Bill Kinney

I have used ShipShape Pro as an App on my iPad for years as my maintenance planning and recording program.  There is a bit of a learning curve (unless you are a database nerd) but it's worth it. You can save maintenance schedules, things that break, tracking of costs, photos, repairs, logs of trips and fuel, etc, etc.  I'd have to work REALLY cheap before it was worth my time to set up my own program to do all the things this program does...

Don't try to implement ALL of the features right at the start, but add them a bit at a time. If you are the OCD type you can use it to organize all your storage locations on the boat as well.  I am not that organized!

I don't know it it is available on other platforms, but it seems well suited to the iPad.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Brunswick, GA, USA

EricOpdeweegh

Thank you Bill Shaproski,

That is nice to try out as we have SM158

Regards

Eric Opdeweegh

Sv Abayomi SM 158

[...]

Hi Mike,

I can open the xls file from Bill

Would like to see how you set up your maintenance record but can’t open it. The file seems to be damaged

Could you send it again?

Thanks and Best Regards

Eric Opdeweegh

Sv Abayomi SM 158