Mango VDO Fuel sensor replacement

Arlo

Hello fellow Mango owners. My port side fuel sensor has finally given up the ghost and died. I did all the troubleshooting and narrowed it down to the sensor. Has any of the Mango owners on here replaced their sensors yet? If so what make/model did you go back in with?

Gary Wells

Hi Arlo,

I had the fuel sensor on our Super Maramu replaced while I was in Greece.  Wema built a custom unit for us out of the UK and sent it to us.  The price was quite reasonable for a custom order ... however, yours ~may~ be available as an "in-stock" item so it would be less.

Check them at wema.co.uk and once you get that senor out of the tank you can measure it (as well as the screw-in size) and give them an email for a quote.  They also will offer how many sensors you want for your assembly (we went with 12 ... I think).

At any rate, it was an easy replacement. I even wired in an on/off toggle so the sensor and gauge were not consuming power when not needed.

Good luck!

Gary W,
Former owner, SM 209, Adagio

Arlo

Awesome, thanks Gary. I pulled the sensor out today and took a bunch of measurements and have a local shop sending a unit to me over night. If it fits, I will post what I used. If it does not, then  will give Wema a shout and see what they have. On the Mango, they came stock with a push button toggle much like your on/off toggle. Very clever design by Henry surprised they stopped that with the SM. (I will say it gives my crew and new passengers onboard a startle) to see the fuel gauges read Empty )......LOL

Will post pics, parts and dimensions once done with this project......

Thanks
Arlo

Ellen Cahill

Hi Arlo,

Did you manage to replace this successfully? I need to do this for our SB tank.

Ellen
Saol Nua - Amel Mango #45