Topics

Maramu locker door mishap

smiles bernard

Hello

The boys managed to do some destructive testing on one of the wooden locker doors.

Has anyone managed to take these out before for varnishing or repairs?

Picture attached and slightly baffled about how to remove it for fixing the handle.

I looked to see if the wooden runners in which the slider door is mounted are detachable but that looks like a big job as I can’t see any screw heads so perhaps they are glasses over.

Any thoughts or experience much appreciated

All the best
Miles
Maramu 162

Miles,

I have no idea how it was made by Amel, but I have years of experience with home furnishing manufacturing and was in charge of product development/engineering for one of the largest manufacturers.

If that was designed by my team, there would be one place on the track that the door would lift up high enough into the upper slot allowing you to pull the door out of the bottom slot.

I doubt if this helps you, but I hope so.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 3:08 PM smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello

The boys managed to do some destructive testing on one of the wooden locker doors.

Has anyone managed to take these out before for varnishing or repairs?

Picture attached and slightly baffled about how to remove it for fixing the handle.

I looked to see if the wooden runners in which the slider door is mounted are detachable but that looks like a big job as I can’t see any screw heads so perhaps they are glasses over.

Any thoughts or experience much appreciated

All the best
Miles
Maramu 162

Rainer Huthmacher

On my Sharki there is just a rubber house in the upper wooden runner, to keep the door from moving upwards, very easy to remove...
If I remember right, the SM doesn’t have any sliding cabinet doors...
Rainer Sharki#83 Rock‘n Roll
Currently in Fuerteventura

On 12. Aug 2019, at 16:08, smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello

The boys managed to do some destructive testing on one of the wooden locker doors.

Has anyone managed to take these out before for varnishing or repairs?

Picture attached and slightly baffled about how to remove it for fixing the handle.

I looked to see if the wooden runners in which the slider door is mounted are detachable but that looks like a big job as I can’t see any screw heads so perhaps they are glasses over.

Any thoughts or experience much appreciated

All the best
Miles
Maramu 162

<image1.jpeg>

Wade Shikoski

Rainer is correct.
on the 83 maramu  the slider rails are both glued and finish nailed to the facing which is 8 mm veneered ply. Dont try to remove the rails or you will deface the laminate.....
on the 83 as rainer stated there are small rubber hose in the slot of the runner. You must remove the rubber hose then carefully lift the sliding door out. then there are 2 screws on the back of the sliding door to remove the handle.
best of luck.
Ask me how I know.. I learned the hard way..

smiles bernard

Thanks very much for this folks
I’ll hunt the rubber insert when next on board but I’ve not seen it yet. I’ve also failed to spot any section that allows a lift to remove
I’ll double check this weekend and let you know what I find
Thanks again
Miles