Topics

Marina di Ragusa

Jeff Williams

Hi All,
Is anyone staying this winter in Marina di Ragusa?  I'm planning on being there from mid-November-ish depending on Covid and my Italian Visa.
Jeff
SM379 Spruzzo

Jeff,

Judy and I spent the winter in the water there. The marina has 4 or 5 natural freshwater springs which will keep most of the fouling growth at bay. I would not recommend their hard storage. It is small and on the point, susceptible to very high winds. They have had some boats blow over. But even if it does not blow over, every part of your boat from keel to mast-top will be saturated with salt spray. We would certainly go back.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 2:00 PM Jeff Williams <jeff99williams@...> wrote:
Hi All,
Is anyone staying this winter in Marina di Ragusa?  I'm planning on being there from mid-November-ish depending on Covid and my Italian Visa.
Jeff
SM379 Spruzzo

Gerhard Mueller

I suggest to better go to Kalamata, Greece. Much less Covid and a very safe marina with all suppliers within a few steps by feet.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hi Jeff,

Had a very enjoyable winter stay in MDR.  I fully echo Bill Rouse’s comments.

If you have work done on your boat, consult the many live aboard for good workers; they are not all equal.

Good luck,

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007, OPUA, NZ