Topics

Masthead Tri Colour LOPOLIGHT A54

luvkante

When I bought our new AMEL 54 CHIARA a couple of years ago, I ordered LED positionlights including a Tricolor masthead light. Now it expired and I have to order a new one.

I am not on the boat, so I can not check, whether it is a combined one with anchorlight.
- can anybody provide me the information, whether the originally installed AMEL tricolor light is a integrated one  with anchorlight ?
- does anybody possibly have a photo of the masttop installation?
- can anybody possibly provide informations about installing and connecting the cable of the new LOPOLIGHT?

Your help is highly appreciated with great relief!

Martin
Amel 54 #149 CHIARA
Varazze/Italy

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Martin,

As far as I recall it is a combined mooring and tricolour light. We had ours replaced in Majorca several years ago. It took the engineer about half an hour so I guess pretty straightforward, although I did not go up the mast at that time.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--
Cheers
Paul

Courtney Gorman

Hi Martin mine are separate
Trippin
54 #101

On Jan 25, 2020, at 6:17 AM, luvkante via Groups.Io <luvkante@...> wrote:

When I bought our new AMEL 54 CHIARA a couple of years ago, I ordered LED positionlights including a Tricolor masthead light. Now it expired and I have to order a new one.

I am not on the boat, so I can not check, whether it is a combined one with anchorlight.
- can anybody provide me the information, whether the originally installed AMEL tricolor light is a integrated one  with anchorlight ?
- does anybody possibly have a photo of the masttop installation?
- can anybody possibly provide informations about installing and connecting the cable of the new LOPOLIGHT?

Your help is highly appreciated with great relief!

Martin
Amel 54 #149 CHIARA
Varazze/Italy

Teun BAAS

My LOPOLIGHT was replaced Q3 2018 in NEW CALEDONIA with an all integrated  LOPOLIGHT LED light - original OEM LOPOLIGHT no longer available. Replaced with current production all integrated LED LOPOLIGHT. Kind of expensive like around USD900 just for the unit?

Marine electrician had to go up the mast at least twice (if not more) as he had to modify the special AMEL installed bracket. Should have pics. Skiing now in CO - will check when I return in PHX in 10 days.

Overall an expensive exercise as labor (2 people) added another USD1500 - USD2000 as it was hard to get old bracket off.

Teun BAAS
A 54. SV AMELIT

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

When I bought our new AMEL 54 CHIARA a couple of years ago, I ordered LED positionlights including a Tricolor masthead light. Now it expired and I have to order a new one.

I am not on the boat, so I can not check, whether it is a combined one with anchorlight.
- can anybody provide me the information, whether the originally installed AMEL tricolor light is a integrated one  with anchorlight ?
- does anybody possibly have a photo of the masttop installation?
- can anybody possibly provide informations about installing and connecting the cable of the new LOPOLIGHT?

Your help is highly appreciated with great relief!

Martin
Amel 54 #149 CHIARA
Varazze/Italy

luvkante

Teun,

gladly awaiting your pics.

My masthead situation should be similar to yours, Kaj had the same FLIR masthead camera as I.

Martin

Denis Elborn

Hi martin,

I replaced my tricolour/anchor lopolight last season without too much difficulty. it is mounted on 3 spacers which didn’t match the base of the new light but as it is plastic no probs to drill the mounting holes to suit the mast. The new light also had ‘flying leads’ and not a terminal block that the original had so terminal connectors are needed for the new installation.

I have a new lopolight available as I ended up with 2 - a long story, If you are interested in buying it email me and we can discuss further. delborn@bigpond dot com.

Denis
Ex A54 Aventura

On 26 Jan 2020, at 12:24 am, luvkante via Groups.Io <luvkante@...> wrote:

Teun,

gladly awaiting your pics.

My masthead situation should be similar to yours, Kaj had the same FLIR masthead camera as I.

Martin

Teun BAAS

Morning Martin,

Will be back in PHX next week – pls send me your Email address to teun@...

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

On the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

January 29, 2020 09:43:03

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909