Need help from a 54 owner in La Rochelle

Hopefully, there is a 54 owner in La Rochelle who can help me with a project. It involves allowing someone from SOFAMARIN to make some measurements in your engine room. I am attempting to have them fabricate a "plug & play" replacement for the Amel 54 Primary Saltwater Manifold.

Please let me know if you can help. I want to get the one below made in plastic similar to the 55 and 50.

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Laurens Vos

Hi Bill
I can help and want to let it make for me as well. We’re now sailing along the Brittany coast and will be ack in La Rochelle on Thursday.

Regards
Laurens
A54 - 92
Fun@Sea

Perfect. I'll send you a private email with the details.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 4:13 PM Laurens Vos <laurensrineke@...> wrote:

Hi Bill
I can help and want to let it make for me as well. We’re now sailing along the Brittany coast and will be ack in La Rochelle on Thursday.

Regards
Laurens
A54 - 92
Fun@Sea

Ralph Heilig

Edited

Hallo Bill,

I would be interested in purchasing one of the Amel 54 Primary Saltwater Manifold.

My one also shows signs of corrosion. Probably just an optic issue, but I would prefer one made of strong plastic.

Ralph

Nicole e Nilson Noronha

So would we!
Thank you very much, Bill

Nilson and Nicole

Amel 54 #75
SV Marfim Madri
Gran Canaria

On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 at 13:04 Ralph Heilig <ralph.heilig@...> wrote:
Hallo Bill,

I would be interested in purchasing one of the Amel 54 Primary Saltwater Manifold.

My one also shows signs of corrosion. Probably just an optic issue, but I would prefer one in stron plastic.

Ralph

Ralph AND Nicole e Nilson,

AND all other Amel 54 owners (you should do this, also)

I believe that today SOFOMARIN visited Laurens Vos's Amel 54 to take measurements. SOFOMARIN is the supplier to Amel for all specialized valves and manifolds for the Amel 55, 50 & 60. They make high-quality components for Amel that have a much longer life than the copper and bronze manifolds and valves the Amel previously used.

Please contact Laura <contact@...>. Be sure to tell her I asked you to contact her.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 7:04 AM Ralph Heilig <ralph.heilig@...> wrote:
Hallo Bill,

I would be interested in purchasing one of the Amel 54 Primary Saltwater Manifold.

My one also shows signs of corrosion. Probably just an optic issue, but I would prefer one in stron plastic.

Ralph

Laurens Vos

Correct Bill, they checked it and made all necessary measurements. But it will probably not an easy plug and play solution due to the location, this is what I understood from them. Let’s see what solution they will find for it.

Arno Luijten

Hi Laurens,

Please be aware I’m working with Sofomarin as well. Some moths ago I helped designing a new secondary manifold together with Bill Rouse and others. This has been in place since on our boat.
About the primary manifold; for me it is clear the strainer needs to be replaced with an unmodified version. I’m also planning to raise the strainer by approx 10 cm to get the rim of the strainer above the static waterline.
I sent a schematic drawing to Sofomarin for this last week asking them to suggest a setup and size diagram for this.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121