Topics

Neil Pryde Sails

Gary Silver

Good evening everyone:

I am in the market for a new main-sail for my SM SN 335.  I am replacing a Super Sailmakers vertical batten main-sail that has reached the end of it's life.  I had a love hate relationship with that sail.  Joel's recommended sailmaker was Super Sailmakers, Peter Grimm, who has serviced me well with three sails in the past.  Peter now works for North Sails.  I have contacted him for quotes on either a radian cut NorDac or cross cut NorDac main-sail.  Alternatively there is a very highly respected rigger in Puerto Del Rey (PDR) Puerto Rico who I have worked with for almost 5 years now and who is a vendor for Neil Pryde sails.  He has shown me many high end boats at PDR that he has fitted with Neil Pryde sails.  I have been reviewing the literature on these sails.

I would be interest in any feedback from those who have either the North Sail radian or crosscut sails or the Neil Pryde sails.

Thanks for your wisdom/experience,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335
Puerto Del Rey Marina, Fajardo Puerto Rico