Topics

New autopilot for Mango

Arlo

Hello all. I am installing a new B&G system and looking at putting in the autopilot. The original autopilot works fine, but this will provide me some redundancy. I am looking to see if anyone has pictures of how they installed the hydraulic ram and rudder feedback device. The aft space near the rudder is pretty tight. Not sure what it looks like on a SM but thought I would ask.

Arlo

 I attached 2 pictures that show the space available. Keeping in mind that this is a Mango

Dan

Hi Arlo. Dont think this pic will help you much. I’m running only hydraulic.

On Oct 21, 2020, at 9:25 AM, Arlo <svplanb@...> wrote:

Hello all. I am installing a new B&G system and looking at putting in the autopilot. The original autopilot works fine, but this will provide me some redundancy. I am looking to see if anyone has pictures of how they installed the hydraulic ram and rudder feedback device. The aft space near the rudder is pretty tight. Not sure what it looks like on a SM but thought I would ask.

Arlo

Hello Danny. Thanks for the pixs. Do you have pictures of the entire area by chance? I want to see how you tied the ram into the rudder. Do you still have the original cable steering attached as well ?

Thanks
Arlo

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Arlo, its not Danny of Ocean Pearl that posted

Regards

Danny

On 22 October 2020 at 19:19 Arlo <svplanb@...> wrote:

Hello Danny. Thanks for the pixs. Do you have pictures of the entire area by chance? I want to see how you tied the ram into the rudder. Do you still have the original cable steering attached as well ?

Thanks
Arlo

Volker

Hi Arlo,
I added a second autopilot to my Sharki. Please have a look at the attached picture of the Jefa electrical drive which I used. The autopilot controller is from Raymarine.
Volker
Mickmoon, Sharki No. 176

Arlo

 Thanks thats exactly the point of view picture I was looking for.  Has anyone else done this with the  b&g hydraulic rams? Looking at options

Arlo

Oops...thanks!