New mainsail for 54

ngtnewington Newington

I am thinking it is time to buy a new mainsail.
My inclination is to go for a direct replacement of the existing;
Hydranet
4 vertical battens 176cm long

I am also thinking of Q sails in Turkey, now that the Greek/Turkish border has opened. Should be VA T free!

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with Q sails?

Nick
AML 54-019
Kalymnos Gr

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi Nick,

Contact me directly.

southernadventurer@...

Ross Hickey
SV Intrepid Kiwi
SM2K #356
Currently cruising Turkey

On Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 3:28 PM, ngtnewington Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

I am thinking it is time to buy a new mainsail.
My inclination is to go for a direct replacement of the existing;
Hydranet
4 vertical battens 176cm long

I am also thinking of Q sails in Turkey, now that the Greek/Turkish border has opened. Should be VA T free!

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with Q sails?

Nick
AML 54-019
Kalymnos Gr

jlm@jlmertz.fr

Do not hesitate one second !😁

Q sails is very professional and reliable

Price is ok

I can recommend Q sails

JLMERTZ

COTTONBAY

Le 25/08/2021 à 14:27, ngtnewington Newington via groups.io a écrit :
I am thinking it is time to buy a new mainsail.
My inclination is to go for a direct replacement of the existing;
Hydranet
4 vertical battens 176cm long

I am also thinking of Q sails in Turkey, now that the Greek/Turkish border has opened. Should be VA T free!

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with Q sails?

Nick
AML 54-019
Kalymnos Gr

Ulrich Michael Dangelmeyer

Hello Nick,

Just my two cents...

I recommend Incidence Sails, as they are the original equipment manufacturer for AMEL (and have taken over former sailmaker DeEmme Sails, which you also still have).
If Bill has negotiated a special arrangement for us in the group, all the better....

We did it last year, ordered it directly from Incidence at the Dusseldorf boat show in january for a really good price.
The incomparable advantage of Incidence is: they have the original cuts from Amel/ DeEmme regarding your hull number, so a real OEM issue. No need for measurements or a sailmaker on site (if your setup is still the original!).
The fit is of the best quality. Shipping from France to Leros: no problem, on time, great handling. Their loft is in Perigny, right next to Amel. Better than anywhere else.

We ordered main and mizzen sails Hydranet Triradial, WITHOUT battens and pockets, because we always had trouble with furling and unfurling with our previous DeEmme sails (still original). Also the old ones were so soggy. Now it is perfect and smooth as it should be. The new sails are cut a little fuller at the leech and have little more surface area than the old ones, so also a better performance. That only works if you have the original cuts as a template.
Good luck and fair winds, we will be back in Leros from mid September.

Ulrich
S/Y „Soleil Bleu“ A54#088.
<>

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Am 25.08.2021 um 14:27 schrieb ngtnewington Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io>:

I am thinking it is time to buy a new mainsail.
My inclination is to go for a direct replacement of the existing;
Hydranet
4 vertical battens 176cm long

I am also thinking of Q sails in Turkey, now that the Greek/Turkish border has opened. Should be VA T free!

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with Q sails?

Nick
AML 54-019
Kalymnos Gr

Miles

I have gotten wonderful Hydranet sails from Q Sails.   They fit perfectly and have a perfect shape.  And the price is good.

Regards,

Miles

s/y Ladybug, sm 216  now on mooring in Newport , RI

jlm@jlmertz.fr

I fully agree ...

JLM

CottonBay