From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Eloi Bamberg <eloi.bamberg@...>
Sent: 03 August 2020 22:02
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Group Moderators <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] new Rigg on SM2000

Hallo,
Im am in the process of buying a SM2000 from 2004. The standing rigg has to
be changed. Amel in Hyères proposed to me the company "Sea Nergie Nautic"
(former Rousseau) to do the work. They made a quite interesting offer with
fittings from ACMO but the cables would not be from ACMO but from WDI in
Germany. Does anybody have experiences with those cables or would you
recommend to use cables from ACMO. Many thanks for your help.

Eloi
SM 2000 #426 (hopefully in 3 Weeks)

Alexis LETELLIER

Hi Eloi,
I just changed my standing rigging at Seanergie Hyeres. And as you said, it's ACMO fittings with WDS cables. I actually didn't challenged that part.
My standing rigging was from 1989, and when they removed it, they could confirm it was still in excellent conditions.
Still, we wanted to be safe, and 30 years is a good life already.
If I may ask, how do you know your rigging has to be changed? (2004 looks young compare to our SR)
I can't answer your question about quality of these cables. Just one point, Seanergie warned me that today, cables are made with a small part of carbon for some reason. And this material can give a slight "rusty acpect" quite quickly. But it's not real rust, and has no impact on the solidity/longevity of the cables.
cheers
Alex

Stefano Biffi

Hi Eloi, I did the same 3 years ago in Hyeres. ACMO plus German steel cable; till now no problem at all.
Stay healthy
Stefano
N’EVEREST Super Maramu 185
Bocca di Magra
Italy

Il giorno 4 ago 2020, alle ore 00:02, Eloi Bamberg <eloi.bamberg@...> ha scritto:

Hallo,
Im am in the process of buying a SM2000 from 2004. The standing rigg has to
be changed. Amel in Hyères proposed to me the company "Sea Nergie Nautic"
(former Rousseau) to do the work. They made a quite interesting offer with
fittings from ACMO but the cables would not be from ACMO but from WDI in
Germany. Does anybody have experiences with those cables or would you
recommend to use cables from ACMO. Many thanks for your help.

Eloi
SM 2000 #426 (hopefully in 3 Weeks)

Eloi Bamberg

Thank you everybody for your answers. So I will go with those German cables.

Eloi

Denis Foster

Hello,

I thought almost all SS câbles came from KOS of Korea and has good reputation with riggers.
What is the brand of the German cables ?

Fair winds

Denis
Ex Meltem 32

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Matt Salatino

I’ve also been told that the best wire comes from Korea.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Aug 11, 2020, at 11:38 AM, Denis Foster <deniswfoster@...> wrote:

Hello,

I thought almost all SS câbles came from KOS of Korea and has good reputation with riggers.
What is the brand of the German cables ?

Fair winds

Denis
Ex Meltem 32

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Eloi Bamberg

The cables comes from www.wdi.de

Eloi

Denis Foster

Thank s for this information. I will look at it.
Regards
Denis

Envoyé de mon iPhone