On board fire suppression systems

Paul and Deb McDonald

Hi all,

I am having on board fire suppression systems tested and recertified but the technician does not know anything about the automatic/remote firing mechanism installed on the fixed Co2 cylinder located in the cockpit locker.

Would anybody be able to provide schematics or any further information about this fitting?

Photo attached.

Thanks,
Paul.

sv Mari
A54-124
Opua NZ

Paul,

That's surprising. I think that he should know. I believe the system design requires that the starter cartridge in the engine room requires replacement and the large CO2 bottle recharged. The company I last used in Singapore had no problem doing both. Maybe something has changed.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Tue, May 3, 2022, 05:20 Paul and Deb McDonald <bungendore@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I am having on board fire suppression systems tested and recertified but the technician does not know anything about the automatic/remote firing mechanism installed on the fixed Co2 cylinder located in the cockpit locker.

Would anybody be able to provide schematics or any further information about this fitting?

Photo attached.

Thanks,
Paul.

sv Mari
A54-124
Opua NZ

JOHN HAYES

Hi Paul

Can’t answer you questions but have a similar arrangement in our engine room. I’ve been trying for 3 years to find a replacement in NZ. If you do find a supplier I’d be grateful if you could let me know details.
Best
Nga Waka
Wellington

On 3/05/2022, at 9:56 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

[...]

Opua NZ 20220503_083303.jpg

Paul and Deb McDonald

Thanks Bill, I was surprised too, but maybe uncommon in NZ. Do you have any knowledge of brand, manufacturer or type of trigger it is?

Paul.

Paul,

I wished I had more information. I'll try to find the invoice and/or company name that I used in Singapore and get back to you.

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 11:03 AM Paul and Deb McDonald <bungendore@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill, I was surprised too, but maybe uncommon in NZ. Do you have any knowledge of brand, manufacturer or type of trigger it is?

Paul.

Paul,

If the following photo is what you have, I believe the cartridge circled in green is common. It is a CO2 cartridge similar, maybe exactly like an inflatable life vest cartridge. It is referred to as the CO2 Starter Cartridge. Maybe you can contact NOAH in Singapore who replaced mine in July/August 2010. If you get an answer, please let me know.
image.png
The company is NOAH https://www.noah.com.sg/
They serviced a number of things for me in July/August 2010, including the engine room fire extinguisher.
CEDRIC RAJ
OPERATIONS MANAGER
NOAH AGENCIES 'N' MARINE SERVICES PTE LTD
ISO Accredited Company
Servicing/Operations: 20 Tuas Avenue 3, Singapore 639416
Sales/Admin: 20 Tuas Avenue 4, Singapore 639370
DID : (65) 68632861
Tel : (65) 6266-0788
Fax : (65) 6266-1042
Mobile : (65) 8254-2526