Topics

Opening Portlight Seals

marklesparkle59

Good morning, can anyone share their experience of buying and fitting seals for the opening portlights, the photographs are from a 1983 Sharki.
If Maud is the answer how is she contacted?
Thank you.
Mark Porter
Sea Hobo
Sharki #96

Gerhard Mueller

Hello Mark

I have bought this foam rubber, cut it to the length needed, clued the ends together with superglue and fixed it in the window groove with contact adhesive.
For the different portlights I have used 10 mm or 8 mm diameter foam rubber.

https://www.gummiprofile24.de/epages/64048014.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64048014/Categories/Produkte/%22EPDM%20Moosgummi-Rundprofile%20schwarz%22
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

marklesparkle59

Thank you Gerhard, I have some ordered. Have you ordered from Amel? Ive made 2 enquiries without any answer via the website contact page.
Mark

Sent from my Samsung device

I have bought this foam rubber, cut it to the length needed, clued the ends together with superglue and fixed it in the window groove with contact adhesive.
For the different portlights I have used 10 mm or 8 mm diameter foam rubber.

https://www.gummiprofile24.de/epages/64048014.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64048014/Categories/Produkte/%22EPDM%20Moosgummi-Rundprofile%20schwarz%22
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

Annsofie & Jonas Svanberg

Hi
Use sav@... instead when contacting Amel after sales depertment.

Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

13 feb. 2020 kl. 07:06 skrev marklesparkle59 <marklesparkle59@...>:

Thank you Gerhard, I have some ordered. Have you ordered from Amel? Ive made 2 enquiries without any answer via the website contact page.
Mark

Sent from my Samsung device

I have bought this foam rubber, cut it to the length needed, clued the ends together with superglue and fixed it in the window groove with contact adhesive.
For the different portlights I have used 10 mm or 8 mm diameter foam rubber.

https://www.gummiprofile24.de/epages/64048014.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64048014/Categories/Produkte/%22EPDM%20Moosgummi-Rundprofile%20schwarz%22
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60
Currently Kalamata, Greece

Gerhard Mueller

You don't need to order via Amel. It might be more expensive this way. Try to find a distributor for industrial rubbers in your country and look for foam rubber of 8 or 10 mm diameter depending the different portlights.
Don't take solid rubber. It will not fit. In Germany I have found: www.gummiprofile24.de
But there should be such a store in any country.
--
Gerhard Mueller
Amel Sharki #60

Ellen Cahill

Mark,

I order some just last week from http://www.international-boat-spares.com/en/
I also ordered the neoprene glue which is recommended by go for use when fitting the seals. They were promptly delivered to Ireland but I haven't fitted them yet.

Ellen
Amel Mango - Saol Nua