Original inverter on SM 2000


Slavko Despotovic
 

I can not figure what type of inverter if any have been a standard part of SM 2000 build in 1999/2000. Can someone help me with this? There is 220V for TV and DDV when we are unplugged from 220V, shore or generator. I am not on the boat currently so I can not check by myself.

Thank you.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz


 

I do not believe there was an option for an inverter, but if you purchased an inverter, Amel would install it during the boat build.

I am not 100% sure of this, but when SM 387 was built, there was a charge from Amel for the installation of an owner-supplied inverter. I was told that was the way things were done.

Hopefully, someone else with more information can answer your question. The following depicts the Amel installation of SM 387.
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar


On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 4:11 AM Slavko Despotovic <slavko@...> wrote:
I can not figure what type of inverter if any have been a standard part of SM 2000 build in 1999/2000. Can someone help me with this? There is 220V for TV and DDV when we are unplugged from 220V, shore or generator. I am not on the boat currently so I can not check by myself.

Thank you.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz


Slavko Despotovic
 

Update to inverter. It is Mastervolt  mass sine 24/500. It is installed opposite  to 24/12V converter bellow the navigation desk. Supplies 220V to computer on navigation desk and TV set.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz


Barry Connor
 

Having just completed my Lithium install I have this Mastervolt mass sine 24/500. Excellent condition.
Available if anyone is in need.

Barry and Penny
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54.  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage  Martinique

On Sunday, March 28, 2021, 5:49:23 AM EDT, Slavko Despotovic <slavko@...> wrote:


Update to inverter. It is Mastervolt  mass sine 24/500. It is installed opposite  to 24/12V converter bellow the navigation desk. Supplies 220V to computer on navigation desk and TV set.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz


 

Yes, that 500 watt inverter was for the TV and installed if you bought the TV package
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar


On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 7:18 AM Barry Connor via groups.io <connor_barry=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Having just completed my Lithium install I have this Mastervolt mass sine 24/500. Excellent condition.
Available if anyone is in need.

Barry and Penny
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54.  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage  Martinique

On Sunday, March 28, 2021, 5:49:23 AM EDT, Slavko Despotovic <slavko@...> wrote:


Update to inverter. It is Mastervolt  mass sine 24/500. It is installed opposite  to 24/12V converter bellow the navigation desk. Supplies 220V to computer on navigation desk and TV set.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz


Eloi Bamberg
 

Hi
I verified my setup: I have a Mastervolt 24/1200 in the engine room. It must be an original Amel setup because it is shown on the electrical scheme "schema detail K1 - K2" and, according to this scheme, it is "feeding" all of the 220V plugs and the microwave.

regards,
Eloi
SM2K 426 Red Lion


Stephan Regulinski
 

All, when we bought SM 303 “Delos” new in 2000, it had a “convertisseur” factory installed in the engine room with a switch below the speaker in the galley. We did not supply this inverter, it was either standard equipment or a standard option. I recall it being of European, if not French manufacture. It was wired to all outlets, and powerful enough to run the microwave as long as you didn’t try to use the grilling element. I believe it was 1200 watts, but am not sure. 

We eventually sold Delos (to some guy who makes YouTube videos) and later bought SM 266 “Hanalei” which also had a factory installed convertisseur, but this was wired to separate outlets that were placed in the galley, both heads and the nav station, above and below the chart table. However, Hanalei is unusual in many regards, not the least of which is:

Unretouched photo of fiberglass locker lids that aren’t blue!


Anyway, Hanalei has a 1200 watt Solo inverter:



I believe this is the same as originally on Delos.

However, all of this equipment, on our boat and all other SMs of similar vintage, is now 20ish years old and either has been or needs to be replaced. Our Solo inverter recently announced that it would no longer cooperate with us and attempts to negotiate a temporary operation agreement have been only marginally successful. Sigh. 

 

So, thanks to all you who have posted detailed descriptions of your experience with installing new, and more modern inverters.

Stephan G. Regulinski SM 266