overhead insulation and headliner

Eric Meury

our headliner was removed on our boat when we bought it and a ceramic paint was installed.  (it was one of the years that the original foam used didn't hold up).  I was never really a fan of the color choice of the original head liner anyway and the white spray makes the boat brigher.  this summer we are planning to add white bead board type ceiling and while i'm doing this i think its a good idea to add in come insulation.  So what insulation material have you used with success and what have been some failures that you are unhappy with.

marklesparkle59

Sea Hobos linings were replaced with 5mm of foam and finished off with the type of carpet you find on camper vans. Definitely more insulating and brighter than the broken down foam backed vinyl which had lasted for 30 years.
Mark Porter
Sea Hobo. Sharki #96
Currently in Cawsand Bay UK