Pacific Crossing 2022

Juan de Zulueta

Our boat is currently in Carriacou, Grenada innTyrell bay marina until October. We are planning to cross the Pacific Ocean via Panama and Galapagos with another Amel boat friend around May 2022.

i have a few questions :

- I would like to know if other members of this group have similar plans ? Interested to sha

- some of you might have crossed recently and want to share experience regarding Panama crossing (agent recommendation), Galapagos…
- in Marquises , there is a boatyard called Maintenance Marquises, is this boatyard suitable for a super Maramu? In Polynesia where would you leave your boat for a couple of month to be able to come back home ? In December and or in July August?

look forward to read from you.

--
Juan de Zulueta
OPHELIE X

Ben Driver

On Jul 17, 2021, at 1:15 AM, Juan de Zulueta via groups.io <jdezulueta@...> wrote:

[...]

Leopold Hauer

Hello Juan,

we had Roy Bravo from Emmanuel Agencies as an agent for the Panama Canal and can really recommend him. His linehandlers are very experienced too.

emmanuelagencies@...

We liked Shelter Bay marina very much,  safe and great atmosphere, we stayed there a few weeks and also had our SM on the hard while we went home during rainy season.

Since we went to FP via Ecuador we don’t have  current informations concerning Galapagos.

The only real haul out facility in the Marquesas is on Hiva Oa:

direction@...

But I doubt that they can  handle a SM, noonsite says ‘up to 42 ft’.

You would have to leave the boat in Tahiti or Raiatea. Tahiti city Marina is wonderful ( no dry dock though), you would have to write them and negotiate prices.

In Raiatea there is

https://www.raiateacarenage.com

where you can leave the boat on the hard.

http://www.tahiticruisersguide.com

could be very helpful to you.

You should also  join the Facebook-group “French Poly Cruisers”- they are very active and can give you any kind of current information.

Good luck and best regards,

Leo Hauer

Yin Yang SM 69 In Fiji

I am at home in austria

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 17.07.2021 um 10:15 schrieb Juan de Zulueta via groups.io <jdezulueta@...>:

[...]

This is indeed good information.
I will contact the agent in Panama 🇵🇦

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 17 juil. 2021 à 19:06, Leopold Hauer via groups.io <leopold.hauer@...> a écrit :

[...]

karkauai

Hi Juan,
Iris and I hope to transit the Canal next Spring, spend at least a few weeks on Panama's and Costa Rica's Western shores, then sail to Ecuador. We are thinking that we'll leave the boat there and spend a month or two exploring S America before going to Galapagos and beyond.  World travel is going to be Covid-crazy for at least another year, I suspect, so who knows how our plans will really come together.  It would be fun to share thoughts, or even to buddy-boat all or part of the way.

You and others interested can contact us at
karkauai "at" yahoo "dot" com

Kent & Iris
Kristy
SM 243

--
Kent & Iris
KRISTY

Stefan Schaufert

Dear Juan, dear Kent & Iris,

our plans are also the Canal, Galapagos, perhaps Ecuador and South America (after a analysis of the weather conditions: not by boat ;-) and then FP …
in 2022.
But depending on the Covid restrictions. Thus everything is open.
Would be nice to stay in contact for this.

Only going back to the Caribbean in December this year seems to be sure.

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, currently still in Santa Maria, Azores

Juan de Zulueta

Stefan,

Let’s stay in touch.
We really plan to cross in spring 2022.
We will be back on our boat in Grenada in October and head north before reaching Panama in March.
This is only a plan since we might need to adapt with this never ending COVID-19…
We are potentially a small group of boat friends crossing at the same time.

Talk to you soon.
You can reach e on my french mobile +33680895892 or on WhatsApp (same number)
Or by mail jdezulue@...

Juan de Zulueta
+33680895892
sent from my Ipad.